Gas In Bilge - Help!!

Notices

Gas In Bilge - Help!!

Old 05-16-2002, 01:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Gas In Bilge - Help!!

O.K. heres the long of the short. My gas gauge is acting up and it reigisters half when it is really full. I did not realize this at the time (I do now). I was at the station, boat on trailer, pumping away and it over fills, right to the top. The fumes are so overwhelming, and I have been trying to air it out for 4 days now, it still smells. I cant even tell if there is actually gas lying in the bootm of teh boat somewhere. I am still affraid of even turning the battery switches on (BOOM) and using the blower.
Any suggestions???

Last edited by Chris; 05-16-2002 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:59 PM
MKast

Pull up any an all floor boards. Lift the tongue of the trailer high. Remove the hull plug. Using a small long rod, like a welding rod, start cleaning the drain holes in the hull. Some times debris can plug the opening in the bottom of the hull.
What is wrong with your fuel system? Tank should be vented, overflow should come out the vent. If fuel is going into the hull, please do a careful inspection of your fuel system for proper plumbing, security, and deterioration of the system.

Old 05-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The boat is fairly new, 99 28' Active Thunder. I have come to the conclusion that wither the vent hose or fill hose was not as tight as it should be.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:30 PM
Registered

Default Oh man,,,,

The very first thing I would do is get on the PHONE WITH PAT,,, seeing how he is such a helpful guy and all,,, ask him if he can Get you a blue-print of your hull, examine where the vent and fuel fill hoses attach to the hull, then look and see if there are any pockets, voids, foam, insulation, drainage holes. I would make sure that each and every compartment leading from where the vent and fuel lines connect to the hull has drainage into the bilge.... Good luck,,, and call AT for suggestions.............