Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Dart 8.1 Gen 7 Iron Heads >

Dart 8.1 Gen 7 Iron Heads

Notices

Dart 8.1 Gen 7 Iron Heads

Old 05-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought this thread was about the new Dart heads. It always turns into Ray bashing everthing that is not his. I guess time will tell who has the best package at the best price.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile I apologize for the Rub!

Sorry to ruff up your tail feathers there Sonic 03, I was not questioning your personal decision to remove your 496's and use 502 based HP500's. those are great engines and with real big cams, higher rpm operating range and head work and a good intake set up I am sure one can be gotten to 600-650HP.

I apologize if you thought I was attacking your decision to change engines, I was not and I certainly believe you have developed some nice engines with good performance.

I will respectfully disagree with your statement that going back to carb'd engines on a 2001 performance boat that was titled and sold with later model EFI engines will not negatively affect the resale value of the boat.
I have personally spoken to a few boaters who did this and when they sold their boats they had a difficult time selling, the new buyers had some problems with surveys and financing and it cost them a great deal on the final sales price as it limited them for the most part to all cash buyers who generally wanted the boat discounted a lot for the change.
Not the only outcome, just my experiences and opinion, maybe there have been a lot more all cash sales of these types of conversions than I have been exposed to out there.
In any event best of luck to you, glad its working for you, have fun, be safe and enjoy your performance boating.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 05-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raylar
Hopefully that will be after he builds and finishes the Raylar HO600 he is building for our joint customer in Tyler's shop with all the wonderful Raylar Red parts and internals we shipped to his shop.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
HO600/RT,,,RAYLAR TYLER,,,lol
Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rage
Tyler Crocket says that he is working on and will have a have a head and cam package in 3 weeks.
Any tests or news from this endeavor?
Old 07-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Hog
Registered

Any new DArt head info?

peace
Hog
Old 07-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Hog
Any new DArt head info?

peace
Hog
Tyler told me a while back that he had a cam and head combo but was waiting on the ECU calibration. I do not know anything else.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if these heads would make a big boost in power in my 8.1l truck. I recently put in a cam and it made a huge difference in power from like 3250 to 5000 rpms. I wonder if they would only help above like 4500 rpms or something.

Interesting note, I had it tuned w/91 octane. It runs just the same, without pinging, w/87 octane (as far as I can tell).
Old 08-30-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered

I am hacking up a stock intake to fix the flow restriction it provides. A few pages back I saw someone mention dart making a new intake. I must say that carb intake with its odd bends doesnt look all that great to me.

Here is some pics of my intake adventure...

Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Now you know why we had to build our iCoolGap EFI intake manifold for the 496 -8.1L engine. We just decideed to do it 9 years ago.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 08-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

If you would of sold me your intake shown in your avatar picture I wouldnt have to do this :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.