Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
ok I want to build a gm big block >

ok I want to build a gm big block

Notices

ok I want to build a gm big block

Old 02-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well jeff I dont know what to say to that except I just took possesion of a new MSD distributer shipped by ups from the USA. and paid $54.82 duty on. Can you check on this? Should I have not paid it? They would not have given it to me until I paid It. The shipping cost I paid up front when I bought it. Is UPS scamming me?

30cts
I got a note from your bud out east and I got back to him via e-mail to see if what he has will make sense. Thanks for your help and I will let you know what the scoop is.

Last edited by toolsinbox; 02-12-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a block.
First of all I had a lot of great engines I could have bought, from guys here at great prices but the customs and importing was a trip to h$ll. I thank all who helped because as I researched each one I learned more. Any way here is the photo of it. Please look at it and tell me what you think.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...enginepic1.jpg

It is a mark 4 bowtie block tall deck with a 4.600 bore. I am wondering if I use the standard roller lifters of do I need the after market type with the conectors or what. Please tell me what you can as I need to buy everything for this.
Thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You will need a aftermarket mark lV retrofit cam and lifter set up. Mark lV's never did come with rollers. Looks like the lifter bores have been sleeved. How many cu.in.'s you go'n for.