Belts for HP 500? >

Belts for HP 500?

Notices

Belts for HP 500?

Old 04-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lakematdude
Yes, using the engine serial number is the best way to find the correct Mercruiser part numbers for your engine or drive system.

Also just as a FYI the serial number you posted is missing one number at the end, There should be a "0L" then there should be six numbers after it to find your engine, especially with your engine because it would mean the difference between having a Carbed engine or a EFI engine if your off one number.

From what I can tell from the serial number you posted and me guessing a final number, Your engine does not have Power steering?

Merc part number 816034 is Superseded to 816034Q $42.78 Description: V BELT, 48.125 LG (Water Pump)

Merc part number 812427T is Superseded to 812427Q, MSRP: $47.90 Description: V BELT, 56 LGTH (If you have "Power Steering")

Merc part number 69143T is Superseded to 69143Q MSRP: $27.30 Description: V BELT, 40 LGTH (Sea Water Pump).

And here is a link to all of your engine parts for you.
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selec...doc_nbr=878389

Hope this helps, Good luck.
Thanks, that does help! I am not finding them though on the link very easily.... but will keep looking. I'm not seeing the alternator belt though, but maybe I'm picturing this wrong and it's w/ one of the 3 listed.

I pulled that off the survey, wonder why it didn't have all the digits.

Looks like the $100 or so for the merc parts from the marina may not be too bad but now I can shop it around.....

Last edited by rlj676; 04-29-2011 at 05:05 PM.