Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
cold water cold air cold motor >

cold water cold air cold motor

Notices

cold water cold air cold motor

Old 05-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey buddy u can tell by pics my fittings are #12? Does it say the size on the fittings?That takes 3/4" hose right. Thank u so much for all your help I am ordering every thing today.

Last edited by skydog; 05-15-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered

Yea just looked at vid of a 120MPH pass my oil temp was only 155deg. after pass!!! WOW SCARY!! I might try to bypass oil cooler just to make sure no problems there. (leaking past oil t-stat ect.)
Water temp was at 160Deg. after pass. Boat was running long before we did pass too.
What you think?

Thank you
Old 05-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Registered

Does that make any sense? My water is always way hotter than my oil??? That sounds like bad oil t-stat.?????
Old 05-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skydog
Yea just looked at vid of a 120MPH pass my oil temp was only 155deg. after pass!!! WOW SCARY!! I might try to bypass oil cooler just to make sure no problems there. (leaking past oil t-stat ect.)
Water temp was at 160Deg. after pass. Boat was running long before we did pass too.
What you think?

Thank you
water>>>>is that temp the way its set up now?

if so thats pretty hot on water temp

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered

Yes that is how it is now. I guess water temp not problem it is oil temp. I just bypassed the oil cooler and oil t stat I will run boat and let u know buddy. What u think?

Again thank u
Old 05-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 509 ran way to cold for me at the the beginning of the season last year. Worked fine during the hot summer, then problems again at the end of fall.

i added a oil thermostat, and my oil temps are right back where they need to be.

went out 2 weeks ago. Highest water temp I saw was about 140, and did see oil temp around 200 for a few minutes, so I think its working.

Have only put about 1 hr on teh motor since the thermostat, so hard to tell if it solved the problem, but I think it did.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Registered

Well up date.... Ran boat today with oil cooler bypassed ran her good. Oil temp was right at 240deg in pan using my temp gun!!!! Very happy!!!! She should be good to go what u guys think. Water was 160deg. Water psi little low so I drop water pickup about a 1/16" that should bring temps down a touch in the block and bring psi up about 5more psi. Was at about 6-9 psi cursing and about 11-12psi runnimg.

Thank you Skydog

Last edited by skydog; 05-19-2011 at 09:37 PM.