496ho alarm (i have scanner) >

496ho alarm (i have scanner)

Notices

496ho alarm (i have scanner)

Old 06-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496ho alarm (i have scanner)

Thought to pick your guys brain here. Have 01' single 496ho with 133hrs. Motor is all stock and original. I scanned computer and came up with code 132 which is crank sensor. So I replaced it with part number 892617. Well, after the boats warms up to 155 on hose the tach sometimes wants to bounce but not the engine itself. When that happens, throws that 132 code again for crank sensor. I assume the tack picks up signal from that? Long story short, keep getting 132 after motor warms up? I blew compressed air on flywheel hoping mabey some corroision build up and have to yet tried it again. Also the cam sensor was in the history, but my understanding the cam and crank share the same signal? So if the crank went it would throw the cam senosr. Which ever comes of first is what sensor is bad? Also in history: 191, 75. 94, 132, 77, 9, 19, 3

Problem 2) the scanner shows 28 psi of oil when motor not running. While running, it shoes 71psi and gauge is 45ish at idle. When motor off and sensor unpluged (lower left of motor) the alarm sounds and scanner reads 50psi.

Any thoughts on this would be great, thanks in advance...!

Last edited by blown69ls1; 06-02-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Clean and check your engine grounds and might as well clean and reconnect all sensor plugs as I think its a connection and not sensor or mechanical issue. Also check to make sure you don't have low battery voltage both prior to start and while running.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Clean and check your engine grounds and might as well clean and reconnect all sensor plugs as I think its a connection and not sensor or mechanical issue. Also check to make sure you don't have low battery voltage both prior to start and while running.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Volts are 12.4 non running and 14.2 at idle and stays in the 14 at high idle.

I will have to check to see where all the sensors are along with grounds. I did check the visual ones, but not clean em. What do you recommand to clean with? Also, do I spray the connector and sensor pins? The alarm does not beep at idle once warm, but the tach does act up at times. It bounces down (not up) about 1k RPM at what ever RPM you out the motor at. Again, its the tach and not the motor. You have to play with the throttle to get it more consistant. So once it warms up and you rev it a few times you can get the alarm and it throws the 132 code.

Why does the scanner show 2800ish with tach say reads 4000ish?

Sorry if your confused, im just trying to be as specific as I can.

Last edited by blown69ls1; 06-02-2011 at 10:55 PM.