scarab 22 switch alpha to bravo any tips or thoughts >

scarab 22 switch alpha to bravo any tips or thoughts

Notices

scarab 22 switch alpha to bravo any tips or thoughts

Old 06-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scarab 22 switch alpha to bravo any tips or thoughts

I have a 94 scarab 22 trying to swap outdrives from alpha to bravo. What would be the best way to go about it?
Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Registered

Find a good Bravo Transom and Outdrive - drill two more holes - bolt it up .... if your using the same engine you'll need to add an engine driven sea water pump as the Alpha is in the drive - Bravo is engine mounted...
Old 06-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jason.w.maddox
I have a 94 scarab 22 trying to swap outdrives from alpha to bravo. What would be the best way to go about it?
This might be a silly question, but why swap? The Bravo will take more HP than an Alpha, but you're going to loose speed due to greater drag.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
This might be a silly question, but why swap? The Bravo will take more HP than an Alpha, but you're going to loose speed due to greater drag.
I'm trying to go from alpha to bravo. Does any body know what gear ratio i need? Also are the deminsion's the same beetween the alpha and bravo as far as the distrance between the prop and the boat and does that affect anything if it is different?

Last edited by jason.w.maddox; 06-18-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Before you continue with the question below, I suggest, you adress this question. Are you looking for advice, or just someone to confirm your own ideas?

Originally Posted by jason.w.maddox
I'm trying to go from alpha to bravo. Does any body know what gear ratio i need? Also are the deminsion's the same beetween the alpha and bravo as far as the distrance between the prop and the boat and does that affect anything if it is different?
Second. Yes. The X-dim on the Alpha and the Bravo are the same, more or less. I think there is 3/13" diff. You are asking about gear ratio??!! We don't even know what engine you are running, and what your current drive ratio with the Alpha is??? Current GPS speed @ ??? rpm and prop model/pitch. Are you looking to upgrade your power? If not, LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE! If your are not running big power, the Alpha is a much faster drvie.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 06-18-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Before you continue with the question below, I suggest, you adress this question. Are you looking for advice, or just someone to confirm your own ideas?

Second. Yes. The X-dim on the Alpha and the Bravo are the same, more or less. I think there is 3/13" diff. You are asking about gear ratio??!! We don't even know what engine you are running, and what your current drive ratio with the Alpha is??? Current GPS speed @ ??? rpm and prop model/pitch. Are you looking to upgrade your power? If not, LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE! If your are not running big power, the Alpha is a much faster drvie.

I am currently running the 5.7l with 260hp would eventually upgrade with a new small block producing around 400hp. RPM's are about 5200 @ 55mph with a 21p prop.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

The alpha will hold up fine.Just don't air it out and return to water without letting out of it.JOHN SR
Old 06-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
The alpha will hold up fine.Just don't air it out and return to water without letting out of it.JOHN SR
So you think the alpha will hold 400hp?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered

If it blows , just put on one of those life time replaceemnet ones for 700.00
Old 06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered

lifetime replacement?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.