Whippled 500 EFI Injector help!

Notices

Whippled 500 EFI Injector help!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:26 PM
DRP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whippled 500 EFI Injector help!

I have a Whippled 500 EFI that has a bad fuel injector...does anyone know what pound injector is in there or where I can get a matching replacement? I had them cleaned and bench tested by a diesel injector company and was informed that the one was bad, so I told them just to match one up and they told me they can only buy diesel injectors??? I did not know when dropping them off that an injector company could only buy diesel. Sounds weird to me but that's where I am at and could use some help or suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The injector should say on the side what # it is. Or there should be a part number.

Wannabe
Old 06-28-2011, 01:05 PM
DRP
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
The injector should say on the side what # it is. Or there should be a part number.

Wannabe
I can check the injector when I get home but I am almost positive that it only has a part number, it does not say what pound it is.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered

mine are 65lbs. 3.3 ltr.

Call Whipple
Old 06-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Many times injectors don't have a part number on them, which can be problematic. I had my injectors cleaned and flowed at WitchHunter Performance. They did a before and after flow/spray pattern analysis. That should tell you what the flow rate for the injector is. Prior to that I knew nothing about the injector other than the brand (Keihin).

Is the injector spray and flow bad? I had one that flowed poorly and had a poor spray pattern. They were able to clean it and get it working correctly again.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:17 PM
DRP
Registered

Originally Posted by Trash
Many times injectors don't have a part number on them, which can be problematic. I had my injectors cleaned and flowed at WitchHunter Performance. They did a before and after flow/spray pattern analysis. That should tell you what the flow rate for the injector is. Prior to that I knew nothing about the injector other than the brand (Keihin).

Is the injector spray and flow bad? I had one that flowed poorly and had a poor spray pattern. They were able to clean it and get it working correctly again.
They told me before even cleaning it but after bench testing that it was not good.
Ideally, I would just like to get one to match the set I have and then get a new set for next year...I just don't know anyone that can do it.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:24 PM
DRP
Registered

Looking back at the paperwork, it says they are all within 10% of each other except the bad one.

The number that is on the ones I have are: 6192 17104487

Thanks again for everyone's help!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it the Merc injector or the Whipple one?
I think the Merc ones are 38lb/hr injectors.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:51 PM
DRP
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Is it the Merc injector or the Whipple one?
I think the Merc ones are 38lb/hr injectors.
I'm not sure which they are, I bought it with everything as is. I would post a pic, if it would help, but I'm not sure how to post one. The only other identifiers I have is the number on it.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where did it come from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.