Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Hydro vs solid cam >

Hydro vs solid cam

Notices

Hydro vs solid cam

Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

With rollor tip not much wear anymore, and the shaft rocks take all the flex,movment out of the hole rocker set up. I hear all the time guys switch to shaft rockers set them and when they go to check them they are all still right on the money. This is right from there site.SPORTSMAN SERIES SHAFT ROCKERS

Still spending aggravating hours adjusting your stud rockers only to have to repeat the procedure the next weekend? If the answer is yes, then JESEL Sportsman Series rocker arms are the solution for you. Since their release in 2001, JESEL Sportsman Series rocker systems have proven themselves to be the ultimate replacement for inadequate stud rocker assemblies on OEM and aftermarket cylinder heads. Easily able to handle today’s aggressive springs and cam profiles, these 2024 aluminum bodied shaft rockers are designed to withstand open spring pressures up to 900 lbs while maintaining precise valve lash settings. Both racers and engine builders have been rewarded with years of reliable, trouble free service of their Sportsman Series rockers on countless applications from daily drivers to bracket drag cars, various marine applications, oval track dirt and asphalt racing
Old 08-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, solid lifters make all the right noises. I love the sound of a solid lifter cam. Just hate the maintenance.
If you don't mind the constant resetting of the clearances, having to add special compounds to the oil, and the limited amount of cam choices (flat solid or flat hydro cams can't run an agressive proflie like a roller can) then go for it.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

With the good Jesel stuff out and good roller lifters i think the days of adj valve lash ever weekend on soild roller cams is over.....

Skydog

Last edited by skydog; 08-16-2011 at 11:58 AM.