procharger experts needed

Notices

procharger experts needed

Old 08-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Just curious what boost are most of you running?
Running 7 psi on stock 502. Runs like a champ, and very reliable. I didnt cheap out on none of it. I did it right the first time. The fuel system is very very very important, if this is not done correctly I promise it will not work and a new motor will have to be purchased. When done correctly it really wakes a motor up.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
Carb box in Swap shop for $175. Is it the correct one?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...-carb-box.html

That's the right box, but I don't see any of the necessary hardware. The complete box comes with a linkage for the throttle, and hoses and fittings for the fuel line, etc. The hardware itself is pretty nice, and would cost probably $100+ if you had to buy it or replicate it.

MC
Old 08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by zeke
i bought the system, do you have to weld a fitting in the pan for the oil drop off on these systems?
gen v and gen vi 8 qt oil pan has a plug you can remove and dunp the oil back into the pan.

Last edited by FIXX; 08-27-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have got a gen iv with an aftermarket pan. I just have the oil drain at the bottom side.
Ive searched the forums and a few guys dumped it back into the block off on the fuel pump. im guessing thats not even close to right though
Old 08-27-2011, 02:23 AM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by zeke
I have got a gen iv with an aftermarket pan. I just have the oil drain at the bottom side.
Ive searched the forums and a few guys dumped it back into the block off on the fuel pump. im guessing thats not even close to right though
look at the side of the block above where the remote oil filter goes,,look either in front of it or above it on the side of the block,,their may be 2 plugs where for a oil cooler lines if it were in a truck.. you may be able to use the one that dunps the oil back in to the block..
Old 08-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not all the merc 8 qt pans have the plug...not sure why...I have 2 502's one has the plug, one does not...no you do not drill the pan....the instruction explain how to punch the pan and add the fitting..