FAST formally speedpro engine management system >

FAST formally speedpro engine management system

Notices

FAST formally speedpro engine management system

Old 09-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Well, I've been known to fix a lot of things that aren't broke but I haven't touched it since March except to drop my idle a bit. As I mentioned, I do run closed loop so there isn't anything to tinker with (except timing) in that mode if your happy with the A/F mixtures you tell it to run.
My corrections are actually pretty minimal (less than 4%) and they alway correct in the lean direction so if I were to loose my wideband it would just be a bit rich.

Looking for more ??? I think knowing your CR, timing, boost and mixture should limit you in your thinking even though you can safely get much closer to the edge with this than any stock ECM will.

Dave
Old 09-09-2003, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Dave:

Glad to hear everything's working well. Could you post some pictures of your completed installation? Are you ready for a supercooler yet? I have been telling people that aftermarket EFI like yours will fit in the box just like a carb, but somebody needs to be first.

Tom
Old 09-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Registered

Talking pics...

Hey Tom,
I've probably posted these before but I'll post them again. I know you hate the tubing look but at least it's pretty
We'll need to chat about your setup for this application

Here's the pics......
Attached Thumbnails FAST formally speedpro engine management system-dsc00389.jpg  
Old 09-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Registered

Default another

another
Attached Thumbnails FAST formally speedpro engine management system-dsc00390.jpg  
Old 09-09-2003, 08:54 AM
Registered

Default last

last
Attached Thumbnails FAST formally speedpro engine management system-dsc00391.jpg  
Old 09-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nordic, how large is that throttle body? How many cubes are you running?

Turbojack, How many cubes are you feeding with 20000 cfm throttle body? I dont know which one to buy the 1000 or the 2000 cfm unit for my 502. greg
Old 09-09-2003, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nordic and turbo. by the way how big are your injectors and how much boost? I was told I should look for 83# low imp. injectors? greg
Old 09-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Registered

Default TB size

1050 CFM / 540 c.i.
I don't think the size is "AS" important on blow thru as it is on draw thru (i.e. Whipple and roots).

I run 72 lb Seimans injectors. When running 7 lbs at sea level (Havasu) I use about 75% duty cycle. HP is estimated to be 780. Idle is very clean at 750-800 rpm.

All the nice things you can monitor and achieve on your laptop.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

540ci, Running 10 lbs of boost now with twin 450 cfm carbs. When I ran the different throttle bodys on Desktop dyno changing from the 2 carbs to 2000cfm tb added 61 hp @ 5800 rpm. Using the 1000cfm only had a small HP increase over the 950 I have now. I figured the 61 hp is worth the extra $100.00 I was told I need 95 lb injectors.

Nordic - Who did you have weld in your O2 bud in header? You are right, tubing is pretty but TC is having a hard time seeing all of that HP being lost.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to add a vote of confidence to all that are interested in pursuing the FAST or other similar fuel injections. It certainly is the way to go. We have had a rainy summer so I have only 10 days of running on mine this year, and half of that has been NA because I had a problem with my procharger. My 26 daytona has 12 lbs of boost on a 548 ci with canfield 355 heads and a .655 solid roller cam, 2000 cfm Holley TB made for a Ford mustang. Bought TB on Ebay for $199 bucks, that's hard to beat. Probe industries has the elbow for about $140, and Holley makes a BBC manifold with a 4150 flange. It has cast in injector bungs, no waiting for a shop to weld them in, it is a beautiful manifold, tall like a Dart. With these items everything was a direct replacement for the Procharger box.
The motor was so crisp it was scary, didn't even get to finish the tuning above 4500 before Procharger had issues. However I can tell you that at 4000 RPM's I stabbed the throttle for 2-3 seconds and this thing break the prop loose like a top fueler doing a water burnout. unbelievable power, don't worry about the extra 60 hp Jack, it will be there and a lot more from cleaning up the fule curve. My stage 4 with carbs wanted to spool up and run from fat to lean and in betweent that the power would really come on. This fuel injection makes the motor stay in that sweet power curve at all times. Easy to tune and fool with, actually fun. With the crank trigger the reference angle wasn't even an issue, bam it was there the first time. Maybe if you use the the inductive pickup on a distributor it might be an issue to deal with. Man I love my crank trigger and Jesel belt drive for setting timing. you can view the cam position and balancer at all times, no guessing, or fooling with paper towels stuffed in #1 spark plug hole for compression stroke.
I am looking to build a second motor exactly the same and step up to a twin engine cat in the next year. I think two of these in a 36 spectre would be an awesome ride.
John

Quick Reply: FAST formally speedpro engine management system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.