Smokin @ start up? >

Smokin @ start up?

Notices

Smokin @ start up?

Old 09-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smokin @ start up?

Working with 525 EFI, changed dog bone style lifters to link bar style lifter. Now at first start it puffs out blue smoke and has oil film on transom. I personally believe the pvc valve at bottom of intake is sucking up oil, with the lifter retaining shield removed, oil is splashing up from cam and lifters? Has anybody experienced this problem? Suggestions?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bsboss
Working with 525 EFI, changed dog bone style lifters to link bar style lifter. Now at first start it puffs out blue smoke and has oil film on transom. I personally believe the pvc valve at bottom of intake is sucking up oil, with the lifter retaining shield removed, oil is splashing up from cam and lifters? Has anybody experienced this problem? Suggestions?
lost 12 Qts of oil in 25 Hrs with this problem. Splash pan was not installed. I move PVC to valve cover until season is over, then will install splash pan. I've lost no oil in the last 40 Hrs.