mobil or amsoil

Notices

mobil or amsoil

Old 10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pqjack
i think amsoil has a new one out,replacing the 3000 series...havent seen it yet but its supposed to be 15w50...maybe the dealers can chime in...
amsoil 15/50 dominator , its what i use
Old 10-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ctuck0659
I'm as guilty of this as anyone- I use Amsoil religiously- but can we all agree that a high quality synthetic has advantages over a standard oil, and which ever one you use is going to protect your engine better. Beyond that, what's the measurable benefit even if say Amsoil is better than Mobil 1- my rings are gonna last 10 more hours?
i can agree to that but if the oil is a street legal oil it will not have some additives in it that oil a few years ago did have. This is the reason to go with a off road type of oil that does not need to meet the EPA regulations to be street legal.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

15/40 in a gas motor?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
How does the filtration efficiency compare between the two filters?

Is one gravel strainer compared to the other?

Jeff
filtration was great on both, the flow rate is the size of the holes for flow, much bigger on the R. I change oil every 25 hours, so far I am liking the Amsoil too.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chuckels
amsoil 15/50 dominator , its what i use
X2, With Ao filters..
Old 10-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I wouldn't recommend running a motorcycle oil in your boat engine. Motor cycle oils have less friction modifiers for better clutch performance. Amsoil makes three different types of high Zinc content oil for harder working engines. The reason for the low Zinc in current automotive oils is that the Zinc causes the catalytic convertors to deteriorate. The Amsoil 15w40 Marine / Diesel oil is the lowest cost high zinc oil, then you have the Z-Rod famiy and then the Dominator racing oil. When choosing an oil please look for SAE standardized testing to compare them. I have never seen a test yet that showed that any brand was better then Amsoil, and I have looked. On another note WIX R series filters are 60 micron filters or should I say strainers. If you are looking for the best you can get and have room for a taller filter check out the Amsoil EA076, it's almost 2 quarts. My oil is so clean after 2 seasons that I hate to through it away.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
I wouldn't recommend running a motorcycle oil in your boat engine. Motor cycle oils have less friction modifiers for better clutch performance. Amsoil makes three different types of high Zinc content oil for harder working engines. The reason for the low Zinc in current automotive oils is that the Zinc causes the catalytic convertors to deteriorate. The Amsoil 15w40 Marine / Diesel oil is the lowest cost high zinc oil, then you have the Z-Rod famiy and then the Dominator racing oil. When choosing an oil please look for SAE standardized testing to compare them. I have never seen a test yet that showed that any brand was better then Amsoil, and I have looked. On another note WIX R series filters are 60 micron filters or should I say strainers. If you are looking for the best you can get and have room for a taller filter check out the Amsoil EA076, it's almost 2 quarts. My oil is so clean after 2 seasons that I hate to through it away.
v-twin oil is blended for harleys...the motor oil doesnt go in the clutch,and it is high in zinc (and vitamins)
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm a Amsoil dealer too.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
The 2 quart filter works great my oil still looks like new, put about 40+ hrs on it so far. I will do the same this fall when I winterize.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by weldcrane
15/40 in a gas motor?
Works great, been running it for several years. I like it better than the 10/40 Marine oil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.