Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Port side motor wont run >

Port side motor wont run

Notices

Port side motor wont run

Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK First . Played with the teather switch and got it started. Put it in the water and it would die at about 2500 rpm. Back to square one. Hit the throttle in reverse and revs hit the roof. No problem. Bypassed the switch on the transom to the coil and I'm back in bidness. 50 mph all day long. Sat out in the bay and watched the air show. Had a Tomcat go ballistic and hit the burners directly over my boat. Could see straight up the pipes. Soooo loud. Great day and best way to watch an air show. Fog shut down the Blue Angels but what a day on the water.

But now I'm thinking it's time to start thinking repower and rewire. Hate to be out and run into anymore of these gremlins. Thinking 383's. Around 400 hp.

Thanks for all of the responses and ideas. This forum kicks ass. As I get closer to stepping up the power, I'll be hitting you guys up for advice.
Thanks again. Tony