EFI for everyone

Notices

EFI for everyone

Old 12-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 707 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by rmbuilder
Bill,

Look at the versatility and potential range of application!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfE1v65fNZI
again,,thats amazing.thank you
when will be able to buy.also,,do they custom build it to my dimensions or can I cut and seal it myself?
Old 12-24-2014, 03:25 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,152 Likes on 1,423 Posts

WOW !

Did I forget to say.... WOW !!!!!
Old 12-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
WOW !

Did I forget to say.... WOW !!!!!
Did you just get out of the corner? WOW!
Old 12-24-2014, 06:01 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I look at it in depth as well plus talk to holley all about it at PRI. In most of your boat apps that has the normal gas tank already installed under the floor - this product will not work because you need a big enough hole to get the mat down in the gas tank then you will need it to lay down flat covering X amount of the fuel tank bottom. ,

Also if you do not have the fuel return going back to the gas tank, it will not work as well seen in the video. Keep in mind the fluid in the video is returning and keeping the mat completely saturated at all times. A lot of boats do not even return fuel back to the gas tank or when they do it is not that kind of volume you see in the video. Then you have the returned fuel needs to dump on top of the mat or close to it at some point to keep it saturated with fuel so again placement of both is very important to work properly.

Also marine fuel tanks today that are made are totally different internally than past years. Reason are fuel permeation in which go along with emissions mandated by the CARB and the EPA especially using the plastic tanks Also this Holley mat and fuel line connections will have to be coast guard approved before any boat or marine gas tank manufacturer can install it.internally .

Do not get me wrong I really like the idea and the lite bulb in the head was going off - that's why I really hit Holley up with a zillion questions. It is a great idea for the race car side of the coin. It is a great idea for the boat side as well but will most likely have to be installed before the gas tank is fully assembled or thru a big enough hole in the gas tank. Your normal boat gas tank is not made like a race car gas tank and a lot of boat gas tanks are made into a V on the bottom side so they can lay down lower in the hull so I wonder if the mat would ever double up / roll up or get somewhat balled up..

Another positive thing from the mat what a great way to filter your fuel from debris especially in a marine app

Last edited by BUP; 12-24-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:16 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,152 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
Did you just get out of the corner? WOW!
Just for Christmas. Merry Christmas !
Old 12-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 707 Likes on 361 Posts

well I'm glad I have a nice big access hole to install the mat.Now I'll be able to get almost every last drop.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Why couldn't holley make a complete assembly -- mat, in tank fuel pump, and return line -- just cut the top of the tank to allow access and screw down new top access plate with everything mounted below it. You would have 2 fuel lines (pressure and return) and pump wires -- while you're at it mount the fuel sending unit into plate also. The mat could be as big as baffles and design of tank would allow.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 4,526 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I`m running a return so thats not an issue but the only flat area of my tank (I believe most port/starboard tanks are going to be the same) is only 3" wide. I would need a long skinny piece... if that`s enough material for a pick up would be the question. Can`t bee too long (baffles)

Fresh tanks, no fuel , still plenty of time to put an access panel ... might have to look into this in the spring

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 12-27-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley software instruction

I have read all the way through this thread several times now. Good stuff good stuff guys keep it coming. I'm building a 406 small block with a Holley stealth ram, the HP efi system and a DIS ignition. I'm still probably several months away from getting it in to a dyno, but I have started to play around with the Holley system software. I have searched the Internet looking for any instructional videos and I have come up with very little. The best that I found on You Tube was this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bih-UpJ56hc

Is anyone aware of anything more that is out there that is worth checking out?
Steve Morris has an instructional Holley EFI video for sale for $30 does anyone have any experience with this video? Is it worth the coin?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rv
Haxbyspeed
Does the Holley system have idle control methods besides IAC to help hold the idle. My concern is with blown engines on heavy boats with big wheels they usually have difficulty holding idle when shifting in/out of gear during docking.

Any insight for us in this area?
Rick
bypass valve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.