Notices

540 Issues

Old 02-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
If there was any type of problem at all..you know my number and should have called me FIRST! I got no phone call and you know damn well I would help. The bearings wear looks to be due to water ( most likely) from a header issue and also would have caused valve issues. Alot of people on here can have all the opinions in the world but when they can match our winning , record setting and reliabilty then it means something to me. Like I said you know I take a ton of pride in what I do Mr. Shmidt and it was a shame you didnt let me know of anything going on until you tore it apart yourself Mr.Engine Builder.
I did get in touch with you. You said it was bull**** and a lie - never even asked for a picture or anything.

Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:36 PM
To: Dean Gellner
Subject: Issues

Dean,

I am sending this to you as a heads up. I would have called, but I am so pissed right now. More so than pissed I am extremely disappointed. After everything I went through with you on these motors, I at least thought I had something of quality. I just can’t believe what a waste of time and money the whole experience has been. It is sad to find all this out at 20 hrs.

Here is a quick list to explain why I am so mad:
• Day 1 oil leak at the china wall – removed intake to find a lot of casting flange and had to remove so it didn’t end up in the motor.
• Excessive leak down, 90% 1 cylinder #3, all others leaked past intake and exhaust @ 10-20%.
• Found Dart intake and Rev exhaust valves not the Manly severe duty I was supposed to have.
• Removed heads, dismantled. Found intake valve seats deformed and signs of metal being pushed on one side. Valve seat not concentric with valve guide. Valves are bent at head from pounding in bad seat, especially intake valves.
• Valve guides bell mouthed, replaced with new and sized.
• Replaced all intake and exhaust valves (32 valves).
• Removed one piston to inspect rings and bearings. Found bores in excellent condition.
• Inspected rod bearings, found scuffing on top bearing, inspected crank, found oiling hole had a trench ground into it. Sent pictures of cranks and bearings to Callies, engineer. Reply; Crank ruined, from modified oiling holes.
• Removed all pistons, cranks from both engines all showed same scuffing after 20 hrs of use.
• Inspection on lifters shows: lofting of lifters off cam. lifter wheels show skidding patterns on wheel contact surface. Lifters are not identified by Dealers I.D. on tie bar so there is nothing that can be done with them. Springs too light for the application.
• Cam shows contact areas of lifters lofting off of lobe and indention of wheel in lobe.

At this point I am into these for another $5K in parts alone with nothing to show, and $$$ in labor to take apart and inspect.
$1200.00 for valves and guides
$600.00 for valve jobs
$400.00 for springs
$1000.00 for lifters
$1800.00 for new cranks and balancing.

At this point they are not even worth the $$ to put back together.

I really just can’t believe what I found. I can honestly say I am more disappointed with this than anything EVER. It just makes me sick to think of the time and money just wasted. I never even got a chance to run these hard – thank god I never did or I would be worse off I guess.

At this point there is no need to call me. I will be in touch once I calm down some.

Yankey
Old 02-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
rutro,news just in from a very reliable source[i am sworn to secrecy,so dont ask who the source is]it appears mr yschmidt had a cracked header that was causing reversion,that would explain 4 oil changes in 20 hours,also explain excessive bearing ware,and all other oil related problems,and as usual,lets try to blame it on the builder.
Really? You just don't quit huh. My headers were brand new...I even bought the ones Dean said to buy.

You really need to work on your sources and due diligence. I will let you come here and pressure test them anytime you want.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Registered

mr schmidt,remember when i said it was you who ruined these engines,looks like the proof is in the pudding
Where is that proof? Haven't seen it yet.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

rutro,news just in from a very reliable source[i am sworn to secrecy,so dont ask who the source is]it appears mr yschmidt had a cracked header that was causing reversion,that would explain 4 oil changes in 20 hours,also explain excessive bearing ware,and all other oil related problems,and as usual,lets try to blame it on the builder.
That's slightly out of line.
I read every post on this thread hoping to learn something. Only thing I learned is...well nothing!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yankey, You never called me to let me know . And I would never say your a lier for one. I got the email and tried to call YOU many times. You know damn well if there was a problem I would have told you to bring the engine back complete untouched. Thats our policy. not tear into it on your own. Like I said I really thought we were friends and that is why I bent over backwards for you on your project and did nothing but attempt to help you in many ways. The engine should have came back here period. I'm not here for a pissing match / he said she said BS...I just wished you would have brought it back and it would have been handled.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yschmidt
Really? You just don't quit huh. My headers were brand new...I even bought the ones Dean said to buy.

You really need to work on your sources and due diligence. I will let you come here and pressure test them anytime you want.
Yes they are very good headers and they make great power, If the machine work and so on was so messed up ...I personally would have broke them on the dyno in the 3 + hours I tested them. I have personally throttle my own 1100 SC on up horsepower supercharged engines WIDE OPEN for over 40 miles and cant break them . Things can happen...needle and seat sticking , engine over heating, headers with defects ( even new) ect...I ' m not doing figure pointing like you are and slandering such as you are ....I just wish I would have had the oppurtunity to figure out what really caused the damage. Every dyno session I do before the engine comes off the pump , it is compression tested and leaked down to assure things are perfect. When you have a chance just call me bro. Thanks. Mr.Horsepower
Old 02-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered

Mr. Schmidt, The previous post has to been one of the biggest "Oak leaf of friendship" I have ever seen, that has been placed within your reach. Hint: Grab it.

For all others, no further communication is necessary.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Mr. Gellner - what's up with those intake issues?

Mr. tkach - now you're sounding just like Mr. pslonaker with the
secret sources B.S.

Mr. ROTAX454 - "Oak leaf...." Seems like major butt covering.

Mr. Schmidt - I will support you as well as many others unless or
until you lie about something. Then you will be on your own.

Now let's learn something and quit acting like a bunch of jerkoffs.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
That's slightly out of line.
I read every post on this thread hoping to learn something. Only thing I learned is...well nothing!
not at all out of line,like i said,the proof is in the pudding,stay tuned,more to come!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by yschmidt

you are absolutly right,i call it like i see it,my source is spot on,stay tuned,more to come,the whining has just begun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.