Notices

SBC Exhaust

Old 03-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnywhale
How big are the primary pipes?
Can you measure distance from rear flange bolt to both rear weld joint and to exhaust tip?
Thanks,
Johnny
Ok Johnny , the tail pipes' will swivel in every direction so with that in mind....rear flange bolt to rear weld...10 1/2 to 11 1/4 " . Rear flange bolt to tip 19 1/2 to 20 1/2 " . Both measurements you could probably stretch a bit more in either direction . Both measurements taken from center of last mounting bolt hole at transom end of head . Now , if you look in the pictures you see a mounting plate that bolts to the head first , then the header mounts to that . Exhaust holes in the mounting flange are 1 1/2 " in the headers they are 1 7/8 " I .D . You can also get a little movement out of the mounting flange . Tailpipes' are 4 1/2 " diameter . These were on an OMC setup so should be the same as your Volvo .
Old 06-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cmi headers

Have you sold the headers yet or ready too? If you want to sell them give me a call at 315 623 9583. Thanks jim
Old 06-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnywhale
Stainless Marine vs. CMI E-Tops
Any peformance difference on slighty warmed over 350 - 400 hp sbc?
Just bling?
Problems with CMI leakage?
Thanks,
Johnny
Anyone with ones they want to sell?
I don't think you will see any advantage using those exhaust systems at that HP level. I'm spinning a 377 SBC to 5600 so far with GLMs and Ryan has spun closer to 6000 rpm with GLMs if my memory serves me correctly. So I don't think exhaust is the limiting factor at the 400 hp level in a SBC. If you want to wind them up to 7000 rpm () you may want to invest in the CMIs.

From my perspective I would much rather spend the $3000 in engine internals rather than JUST on a set of pipes.

Having said that CMI's do look good.