Swap Shop Abuse..???

Notices

Swap Shop Abuse..???

Old 03-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Thumbs up

Man , don't ruin a good thing . We can all gang up on the offenders . I personally don't have a problem with it and i'm in there quite often . This helps to keep the costs in check . Would you guys rather pay premium prices from the dealers . Not me , $5k for headers , something with no moving parts , somebody can kiss my poor azz shove em and blow smoke out of em . Ok i'm done .
Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

ttt
Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
ttt
+1 TTT,,you took the words off my fingers
Old 03-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
Man , don't ruin a good thing . We can all gang up on the offenders . I personally don't have a problem with it and i'm in there quite often . This helps to keep the costs in check . Would you guys rather pay premium prices from the dealers . Not me , $5k for headers , something with no moving parts , somebody can kiss my poor azz shove em and blow smoke out of em . Ok i'm done .

Actually headers are at the top of my list on used items I would not buy.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by brian41
If i show up at your shop will you let me work off a set ??
WILL WORK FOR HEADERS !!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41

I agree, I have 3 sets of used headers in my shop and would be afraid to sell them.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bowtie
I agree, I have 3 sets of used headers in my shop and would be afraid to sell them.
Why not pressure test and be confident you don't have junk ?? Some of us are still honorable and i'm sure this includes you ........back on topic .
Old 03-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i buy&sell on here,i find things i need and sell things other people need,all good used stuff,if enough PAYING ADVERTIZERS complain it might phuck it up for those of us who use it.im sure most people who use swap&shop aren,t making money,i know im not.you know what they say,if you dont like it,you don,t have to look at it.just saying!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie
I'll take em and tell everyone what a great guy you are lol, but you can pressure test them or even send them back to the manufacturer to be checked/repaired, sell them to recoup some of your expenses and someone else gets to buy headers at a reasonable price
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you that have pointed it out, your right, I am not a paying member, at this time, there is no advantage to me paying a LARGE company like IB to use their site, they make their money off advertisers not membership, I pay membership for numerous sites that are run out of people's houses......it helps them pay the bandwidth costs.....not make a profit.

I actually use some of the advertised companies products and services here so I AM contributing $$$ to the site, I just don't need to pay for a membership to post pictures......

My main point of this thread was not to bash the swap shop, it was to point out that SOME people are using it to flog items in order to make money, NOT to just get rid of extra parts that they have upgraded etc.....it is a VERY good place to find deals and buy parts that you normally pay through the a$$ to buy new, kudos for that but some sellers are stretching the intent of the Swap Shop.....JMHO......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.