Swap Shop Abuse..??? >

Swap Shop Abuse..???

Notices

Swap Shop Abuse..???

Old 03-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to Thank all that Post in Swap shop
with out your help would not be Building my Boat.

We need to have 2012 Spring Garage sale of " Used " boat items

To me this is Grass roots offshore movement . Lately this site is less about Boats and more about gripes on others or personal attacks.

Quit the B.S and get Boating and share positive experiences and common bond that on the water shares. One mans Junk is another mans treasuer

"Support the Adertisers On This Site"

"Channel 16 Clear"

Last edited by CDN 1; 03-17-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GB
+ afew more TTT

I check the swap section almost daily without a problem or issue. If your whining here ....chances are good your whining about trivial BS elsewhere as well.

You probably check in on Craiglist daily also but this site was not intended for that and did not have a swap section for years. How about I post my items (over 10,000) as a PAYED advertiser here and every time you come to the site you have to deal with my TTT of these items...............whining would be all you would see.

This thread was started because a few are taking advantage of this site with sales for profit on a large basis and others are constantly TTT their adds everyday nothing more.

I think the swap section should stay but with rules put in place such as limits of price and to parts only not complete engines, boat hulls ect. We already have a classified section that I PAY for the privilege to use.I think that the swap section should be changed to paying members listings only....free lunch who gets a free lunch?.....I see that most that are for it to stay the way it is aren't even paying members. I also think it should be kept to its own section and not show up when you use the "new posts" option just like the PAY to use classified section.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i think if your not a paying member you should not be able to sell or purchase on here, and if you dont like the ttt, then go on down the row if your on here enough you know whats a new posting or a repost, but if these little things bother you, then maybe u need a doctor!!!i had a collection of parts that im selling to buy more part from oso members, and another funny thing i noticed is most of the complainers if you go back and look at all there post the have always been complainers, not saying this guy is but most are, so if you dont have any parts to sell or want to buy some parts stay out of that section. or ignore the T.T.T THREADS.

Last edited by johnnyboatman; 03-17-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
i think if your not a paying member you should not be able to sell or purchase on here, and if you dont like the ttt, then go on down the row if your on here enough you know whats a new posting or a repost, but if these little things bother you, then maybe u need a doctor!!!
hahah good one!!! +1
Old 03-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

here we go can is opened. only took 1 person to whine

Definitions for 'Opening a can of worms'

If you open a can of worms, you do something that will cause a lot of problems and is, on balance, probably going to cause more trouble than it's worth.
Attached Thumbnails Swap Shop Abuse..???-6a00d8341bf89d53ef01156fc7dd2f970c-pi.jpg  

Last edited by smokin' gun; 03-17-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
here we go can is opened. only took 1 person to whine

Definitions for 'Opening a can of worms'

If you open a can of worms, you do something that will cause a lot of problems and is, on balance, probably going to cause more trouble than it's worth.
I can see why you would be worried, looks like you make a fair income from your free postings in the Swap Shop.................
Old 03-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Registered

Stop Humping everyones leg
Old 03-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FogduckerIII
I can see why you would be worried, looks like you make a fair income from your free postings in the Swap Shop.................
All you have to do is check each member that wants this thread to go away past posts and you would think we are on a Craiglist forum.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FogduckerIII
free at least im a paying member .plus i abide by the rules and pay for all my classified adds .a fair income i think not .you think i get anything i have for free .i simply sell off what i dont need and have sold to many on here as well .maybe now ill go to ebay now . seeing as the ttt bothers you should seek prof help .after all thats what started all this
Old 03-17-2012, 12:48 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so who's the guy out there buying used up old boats for the purpose of parting them out to make a profit? It shouldn't be hard to find him, he'll be the guy with the bottomless pit out back to dump in all those worthless hulls. Come on, own up to it to put Fogducker and brian at ease.

Advertizers are selling mostly new parts for the sole purpose of making a profit. There's a difference between them and the guy trying to get back some of his investment in used parts taking up space and not being used. Who ever made money on a used part?

Stop the crying, as for the TTT issue, OSO should make it easier to keep your post current so you don't have to add another post making it longer. How about putting a time stamp on the posts and deleting them automatically after a determinned period of time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.