VST return line (help-thoughts) >

VST return line (help-thoughts)

Notices

VST return line (help-thoughts)

Old 04-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zschaefer38
I have a 1998 Powerquest with the same vst systems in my 502 efi/mpi. Did all of those engines have this vaporlock problem? Also, am under the impression that this is happening due to heat from the engine raising the temp of the gas? Is this correct?
There are so manypeople I have talked to with the same problem and you will see tons of posts on here about this. When you have 2 engines vapor lock on you oin the Ohio river and you have your family aboard it is a dangerous situation and i vowed will never happen again. Mercrusier offers nothing but a "Yup we know" try this, try that..
I even run (2) blowers.. Merc wants the mpi motors to run at a certain temp. but then in another right up they don't want the fuel to get that hot beause iit can cause a vapor lock.. DUUHHHHH... so I'm running the returns back to the main fuel fill... will post pics when done..
Old 04-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Registered

So silent lucidity you are going to use two of the 2" tee's? I have twins also ,i thought you could run 1 tee 2" and tee the two lines into that
Old 04-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by riverboater
So silent lucidity you are going to use two of the 2" tee's? I have twins also ,i thought you could run 1 tee 2" and tee the two lines into that
No I talked to CP Performnace and they say don't run 2 fuel lines to the one bung.. Per their idea I bought (1) 2" coupler with a fuel return line bung on it..
I then bought another 3/8 female NPT s/s bung.. I'm taking it to my local machine shop to have them drill and weld the other bung on it.. That way their is no flow restrictions.. I always use S/S braided lines with AN fittings.. Cost more but so much better and easy to check, remove, tighten whatever.. Like they say set it and forget it...
Old 04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Ok that sounds good ,I will do same thing
Old 04-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Registered

YIKES,, all the fittings and braided lines was about $231.00 to do two motors,, Will take pic's when done for future use if anoyone has to do the same CHIT to there water scooter. Hope worth it... VAPOR LOCKING BLOWS A_S....
Used to crack me up when you idel out of a dock with 20-30 people watching and somone says " GET ON IT" so you lay into the throttles (nice and smooth) and sounds goooooooooooood them POOOOF-hack-hack dead in the water... WTF.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question

Why use expensive braided lines and associated fittings for return lines. Just use good premium pressure fuel line hose and pushlok hose fittings. Save the dollars and use them on added performance items or extra fuel to keep boating!
JMO

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
Why use expensive braided lines and associated fittings for return lines. Just use good premium pressure fuel line hose and pushlok hose fittings. Save the dollars and use them on added performance items or extra fuel to keep boating!
JMO

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Only because I like to do it then ***** about it at the same time Just habbit I guess,, have always used and like how they seem to work with no issues and easy to take apart and reuse again later.. It ended up about $223.00. for everything to do both motors when said an done.. (and some blood and sore body parts..... For us basic gargae guys just not sure of all the options available that work.. But hey it looks pretty....