sealing k-plane indicator cables >

sealing k-plane indicator cables

Notices

sealing k-plane indicator cables

Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default sealing k-plane indicator cables

I removed the k-planes from my boat to repaint the transom plate on each k-plane. I removed the indicator cable pass through fitting that screws into the k-plane transom bracket. When I want to re-install the k-planes with new indicator cables, do I need to put some sort of sealant on the threads of this fitting? I know there is a nut that screws on top of this that compresses a compression ftting around the cable, but I guess I also have to make sure the threaded fitting that screws into the k-plane bracket is also sealed. Just wondering what I should use? Telflon tape?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by FBRONCO
I know there is a nut that screws on top of this that compresses a compression ftting around the cable
Can you post a pic of the nut with the compression fitting? I am going to be installing indicators soon and need to see this and maybe where I can get 2.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FBRONCO
I removed the k-planes from my boat to repaint the transom plate on each k-plane. I removed the indicator cable pass through fitting that screws into the k-plane transom bracket. When I want to re-install the k-planes with new indicator cables, do I need to put some sort of sealant on the threads of this fitting? I know there is a nut that screws on top of this that compresses a compression ftting around the cable, but I guess I also have to make sure the threaded fitting that screws into the k-plane bracket is also sealed. Just wondering what I should use? Telflon tape?
I use thread sealer. It's a liquid form of teflon tape. I don't care for teflon tape. Personally, I prefer ARP's thread sealer but any will work for what you are doing.
Eddie
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
Can you post a pic of the nut with the compression fitting? I am going to be installing indicators soon and need to see this and maybe where I can get 2.
I will try to take a pic tonight and post it.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:01 AM
Registered

Rookie, here are the pics you asked for.
Attached Thumbnails sealing k-plane indicator cables-100_0489_small.jpg   sealing k-plane indicator cables-100_0490_small.jpg  
Old 04-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

FBRONCO thanks for the pic.

Anyone know where to buy these fittings??
Old 04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.drillspot.com/products/45...lief_connector

Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

FBRONCO thanks for the pic.

Anyone know where to buy these fittings??
Rookie, you can get them from Van's Sport Center right here in GR. The rubber part and plastic are cheap, the stainless part not. I have the part numbers written somewhere so I don't have to go through the "I'm not seeing it on the computer screen here..." speech every time I go in there! Nick