Rub rail suggestions >

Rub rail suggestions

Notices

Rub rail suggestions

Old 04-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rub rail suggestions

Hey guys, bought this Lavey last fall and the rub rail is kind of rough. I'm not sure if it's worth trying to salvage or not. It has quite a few dings, gouges and a little bend here and there. To me it just doesn't flow with the side of the boat like it use to when new. Just curious if any of you might have some suggestions on either fixing or what would look good as a replacement (vinyl, rubber etc). I've never messed with one so I'm not sure what's doable and what isn't. It might be hard to see in these pics but you can definitely see it in person.

Thanks!!

Old 04-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump.....
Old 04-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to see in pic on phone but it looks like it has a rubber insert. Pretty easy to replace. Call Lavey and they can prob hook you up or tell you where to get it.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Taco is about the only place to get rub rail anymore.
http://www.tacomarine.com/cat--Rub-Rail--rubrail.html

I just replaced all of mine and it was actually pretty easy. Aluminun with rubber insert type. They have youtube videos showing how. I wanted gold anodized but appartently no one makes it anymore so I sanded it and primed with etching primer. Then used gold base coat/clear coat. Came out really nice.

Last edited by picklenjim; 04-26-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

We sell and install alot of rub rails. 80 % is to the family rec boat owners. The most popular Rub Rail we sell and install is a rigid style with a black rubber insert.

It comes in 50 ft. sections priced at 239 to 249 plus shipping. That even includes the 50 ft. black rubber insert.

There is about 20 OEM boat manufacturers who use this exact same black rigid rub rail & black rubber insert. Crownline & Chaparral boats use it thru out on their models when the S.S. style insert is not used by them. For the money the quality is very good & hard to beat on both ends here. It is also somewhat wider than the rub rail shown in the pics here

We sell alot of it to the used boat owner looking to upgrade as an inexpensive alternative. If anyone needs it email me or give me a call. email: [email protected] Cell 817-658-7721

Last edited by BUP; 04-27-2012 at 11:39 PM.