Engine rotation

Notices

Engine rotation

Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine rotation

From what I have read here getting a replacement engine for the project boat should be simple enoough. Since it is the port engine that is missing, I need one with standard rotation. All I need to do is find a donor boat with a single 454 /Bravo 1 set-up and it should pretty much be plug and play, as long as it is the same generation.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"ALL" Mercruiser sterndrive engines are left hand rotation as viewed looking at the back of the boat from outside. Flywheels turn counter clockwise. Propeller rotation is determined in the drive.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I thought that was on the newer ones. If this is the case all I need to do is find a Mercrusier from the same generation. That will make the search much easier.
Thanks
Old 07-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this for the 1990 Webbcraft? If so and assuming the exisiting engine is original than it should be a Mark lV. Gen V started in '91. You can check by the large casting number on the top rear of the block.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yup, its for the Webbcraft project. The port engine is completely gone. The old guy that owned it took it to some shop for rebuilding, died and nobody knows where the engine is. I'm hoping to have pictures from the engine compartment tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by inthetundra
Yup, its for the Webbcraft project. The port engine is completely gone. The old guy that owned it took it to some shop for rebuilding, died and nobody knows where the engine is. I'm hoping to have pictures from the engine compartment tomorrow.
in that era your going to have several engines to choose from,,depending if its a trs or bravo boat you could have a 330 hp 365 hp 450 hp or it could be even bigger if the oe owner had some work do to them in the past...yes it would be wise to find out what you have,,the casting number wont tell you the hp tho..your best bet is if you could find a matched pair and sell the one you have...
Old 07-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

They were original, 330 hp w/ Bravo 1 drives. For right now, this is the budget boat, so it will get an engine to fill the hole. A pair could be in the future if all goes good.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, what is your budget and how much is left in the bilge? manifolds, flywheel alt-ps pump-bracket? motor mounts? there or gone? there are some decent looking truck motors on ebay for around 600 to 1600. same with craigslist. if the parts that make it work with your boat are gone, makes it tougher. but you will be able to get all the above mentioned stuff here on the swap shop. there are a couple of parts motors and some completes there too. you might wanna see if you can check the guy's house. he might have a pile of stuff he pulled off motor before taking it to the engine shop. his friends might also know who to see for where he got engine work done. maybe put a wtb post in the swap shop with a list of what you are missing...

Last edited by dereknkathy; 07-05-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The hatch is open.....pretty clean and not hacked up. Just need a complete set-up

Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks tobe a 454 365 hp .ck the intake should be aluminum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.