Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
thoughts on twin 383's >

thoughts on twin 383's

Notices

thoughts on twin 383's

Old 07-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like how the article "you can call it a 305 or 350, or be proud and let them know its a 427"!!! LOL!!!

Originally Posted by sprink58
...CHRIST ALMIGHTY
Old 07-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Shag555
Are you serious? That sounds awfully cheap. Im looking to do both rotating 383 assys from Lunati, and they run ~$3600-3800each. Dart Pro 1 heads are another $2800+ per set.
sorry bud,just short blocks,,racer's net pricing...and that was my price,,got to know the rite people..

FWIW dart also has a 4.500 bore spacing +.200 came height,,so for about 8k you could have a 502 cid sbc..

Last edited by FIXX; 07-26-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be a true sleeper motor!!!

On the pricing... Completely understand. If you own a shop or are sponsored by one, then yeah, youre going to get better pricing. Who knows about Eagle cranks? Ive herd they break? Are they made in China?

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
sorry bud,just short blocks,,racer's net pricing...and that was my price,,got to know the rite people..

FWIW dart also has a 4.500 bore spacing +.200 came height,,so for about 8k you could have a 502 cid sbc..
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Shag555
That would be a true sleeper motor!!!

On the pricing... Completely understand. If you own a shop or are sponsored by one, then yeah, youre going to get better pricing. Who knows about Eagle cranks? Ive herd they break? Are they made in China?
ill tell you what,,i really never liked eagle because of the weight but,,,last month a friend of mine had a 383 let go in his stock car,,the ati harmonic ballancer split rite by the keyway and the ballancer flew off and he did not know it until all hell broke loose..anyways after it threw a rod from spinning a bearing,,i thought for sure the journel on that rod would be turned doen to nothing,well it was black and blue from the heat but it looked likr you could machine it to .010 and it would be ready to go again..we ended up pitching it because we did not trust it and got another crank..