GPS tattle tale stuck at 70 ? >

GPS tattle tale stuck at 70 ?

Notices

GPS tattle tale stuck at 70 ?

Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS tattle tale stuck at 70 ?

Got a Gaffrig GPS "think it's a Lavorsi" Worked fine for the last few years and is now Stuck at 70. Tattle tale wont erase or recall. Un plugged the power, swithed the antenna and still Nothing but 70. Any Ideas ???
Old 08-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Maybe it has an internal battery backup
Old 08-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you turn on the key and the GPS pegs if you leave the key on but do not start the engine for about 5 seconds or so it will go down close to zero. As my boat was 5-years old when I bought it I had the dealer replace the battery as he said they generally last only 5-6 years. I'm not sure what happens when the battery goes but I do remember there was a thread on this about one month ago. Do a little search and you may find out a cure.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Registered

Thanks for the tip but it's always stuck there. dosesnt matter if the key is on or off. Tried another antenna off a buddys GPS to see if it's the battery and nothing changed. I'm guessing the guage **** the bed.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by monkfunk
Thanks for the tip but it's always stuck there. dosesnt matter if the key is on or off. Tried another antenna off a buddys GPS to see if it's the battery and nothing changed. I'm guessing the guage **** the bed.
Wouldn't be surprised, had 3 Livorsi GPS Gauges in 4 years. The one I have also reads 10-12 mph different then my Garmin and the handheld. Never seems right,have friends with similar problems