Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
HUGE favor… What is this CC 245 Limited Worth??? New Guy! Video included! >

HUGE favor… What is this CC 245 Limited Worth??? New Guy! Video included!

Notices

HUGE favor… What is this CC 245 Limited Worth??? New Guy! Video included!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I don't have a 70,000 dollar boat and I am very much a budget. Boater....search my name over _last 5 years and look what I've done.... I do it all myself and still fact is things get expensive.... period....
Old 09-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Save all receipts and track money spent between now and done... after a year or two if you don't have a small fortune added up I will be mistaken...I guess it also matters on how picky you are about interior.....paint ...and such... I can get boat running kinda. Cheap...but it would still need work....
Old 09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Current state of boat speaks volumes to how the owner takes care of his stuff. How much does a blue tarp cost these days? Cuddy looks like a bomb went off. Run Forrest, run! Story about the motor speaks volumes too. As does the Alka Seltzer outdrive, etc...
Old 09-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
No way that boat got in that condition sitting for two months.
It wasn't perfect before, but it wasn't near as bad as it is now. I'm assuming the guy is so disgusted with what happen to the motor he just doesn't care anymore. I can't believe he wouldn't at least put a tarp on it.

The short version is he had just had the motor freshend up and then working on the carb dropped a bolt down in it.

Like I said, consider it a hobby and go for, but in realtiy this is not the best place for him to get advice on a budget.
Agreed.

Most guys here (me being one of them) would not put that boat back together without replacing the bellows, gimble bearing, u joints, and coupler.
I completely understand, but there's no reason to in this case. If something in the outdrive screws up later, then fix it.

Plus, I think the owner mentioned he had bellows and gimble done within the last year. I would have to double check that, but either way I understand what you're getting at.

Last edited by Justin; 09-14-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I will admit that the out drive does look pretty rough. I was lucky that my b1 has been good for the last 150 hours.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

another thing you can do is look around for donated boats. i watched an 88 25 cruiser (sundancer copy-i forget the make-marathon i think) sell on ebay for 550 bucks twice!! bravo-gimball hsng and 454 stuck from sitting 5 years. you could strip the power for spares and re-sell the hull for near the same price. there are a lot of ways to build a boat for less than 20 to 50k. heck, i bought my Nova back for 1500, put 1 motor in it, redid the int myself. (looks like it was done by either a backyard a$$hole or a really drunk interior guy). i have 2500 in it and it is a decent boat. still needs a lot, but...a friend got sick of working on his boat. bought a brand new 20 bayliner cuddy-fish. sold it 6 years later cuz he was sick of working on it...bought it for 26k. sold it for 12...