Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
HUGE favor… What is this CC 245 Limited Worth??? New Guy! Video included! >

HUGE favor… What is this CC 245 Limited Worth??? New Guy! Video included!

Notices

HUGE favor… What is this CC 245 Limited Worth??? New Guy! Video included!

Old 09-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUGE favor… What is this CC 245 Limited Worth??? New Guy! Video included!

Hello all! I grew up on small bow riders on Lake Guntersville in North Alabama. We always had older boats and dealt with older boat problems. After losing a motor and a stern drive last year on our 86’ Dynasty we sold everything we had. Plus… we always eyed the larger, sport cubby boats. After searching on Google for details and information on CC 245’s I wound up here.

I chilled on the water with a few of my big boat friends this past weekend. I told them that I HAD to get back into boating. That’s when they told me about this 88 Chris Craft 245 Limited. The boat was running earlier this year. It looks wonderful cleaned up and has a fantastic shine. It has since set out under some kind of sap tree. The motor has been pulled. Apparently when installing a new carb he dropped something in the motor that wreaked havoc on a cylinder wall. The heads are good, minus on bad valve. The long block is supposedly- trashed. However, my boat friends know of another long block Merc 454 on the cheap. It needs “refreshed”. They all swear that the stern drive is good to go. The trailer appears to be in great shape as well. The owner says that everything else works flawlessly. So as it sits in “good” cosmetic condition; it needs a really good scrubbing/waxing, needs rear bench rebuilt, interior done, and of course a motor… what is it worth now? I have attached a video and pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNj6sD8pYPw&feature=plcp

Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's going to be a lot of work and money needed to get that thing right. Blue book is less that 5K on one of those and that would be turn key ready to splash. I think I would pass and find one ready to go. You will spend at least that much getting that thing together. No guarantee on what's going to work or not. What's it worth? I'd say 5-600 bucks.

I quess they pulled the engine with the drive still on. Wonder what's screwed up on that now.

Last edited by picklenjim; 09-11-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Registered

I'll give you $100.00 for the two front seats, shipped to Fla. If I were you I would run like hell and look for something a little more ready to use. That project will be an easy 10K with a motor. Send me the seats and start running...
Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Registered

Damn.... well, I was guessing that I could have it going and looking much better for 4 Grand. Are these things REALLY only bringing 5-6k turnkey ready??? If so... let me know where! I'm interested.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Registered

Run away...but what does he want for it?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

That boat will require twice as much work as you think it will. It's not even the right trailer and that thing needs work too.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1988...dard-Equipment

Here's one that needs a drive:
http://york.craigslist.org/boa/3212021493.html
Old 09-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not the right trailer to begin with. The long block will ONLY cost you $2000 but then you find you need a new alternator... And a new water pump, and a valve job, and a, and a.... Like everyone says. Whatever you expect to spend on the motor, double it. I just did this with my Baja this past summer. That boat is a mess. If I where you, I'd pay $1000 tops. On an older boat, here is a real simply formula: What's the drive worth, what's the motor worth, what's the trailer worth. The total is about what you want to pay. So maybe, $500, $0, and $500 in this case aka $1000 is my top. Good luck. Unless you have a lot of determination and energy for a major restoration, I'd probably stay away.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Boat has been left in the water so you can count on a rotted transom. Keep looking.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by picklenjim

Hmm.... I like that A LOT. Especially for 1200 bucks. Too bad it's ~ 800 miles away. I just text the guy though.

How about this... we're looking to spend 5-6K could I get a closed bow V8, all fiber-glass boat, "Power Boat"? Any Suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.