Tunnel Ram & 2 4's >

Tunnel Ram & 2 4's

Notices

Tunnel Ram & 2 4's

Old 11-16-2017, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Couldn't agree more and noticed the same info you stated. I got to reading the LS guys forum last night. Fun to catch up on everything right now. Seems like so much is changing.
I just wish some more of the new products and technology that has come about from the LS world would trickle down and be adapted to Big blocks a bit faster. Most of the products for BBC have either been out for decades with very little changes, or are meant to be retro or nostalgic versus being cutting edge and no compromises for power.

But then again, it is a very small market for advanced big block stuff anymore, every Tom, Dick and Harry are doing LS swaps, cant blame the manufacturers for going after the largest market.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

That's why many of us just stay old school builds. I still kinda wish I woulda went TR. Like you mentioned though you can find good used SC and carbs for price of new TR set up. Still wanna build one some day when I grow up. Where the SC gets you is all the accessories BS to accommodate the blower.

Never really thought about it much but your right. Other than marine there's not a lot of BBC hobbies. Mud trucks and pulling, monster trucks but many hobbies are going by the way side it seems anyway, drag racing etc. Mercury racing certainly didn't hold back on R&D but.... $$$$$. Not for my budget. Lol
Old 11-18-2017, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back to the tunnel ram deal, I have played with several, seems to what happened, early large plenum ones worked pretty well on boats, ran a couple, then as tech in drag racing progressed and the RPM's went into the twilight zone thats where the manifold went as well, small plenums, shorter runners etc, those mover the power band up higher than most boats like. they even made some "street tunnel rams" and seemed they would work great in boats although I never ran one, but looked like they dusted off the older designs and made it new again. I have seen many use them with EFI and seems like they work well, on that if you did the injectors down at the ports like new stuff and did the TB's might be the ticket..
Old 11-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

I think it would be interesting to take one of the old school Weiand tunnel rams that are of a two piece design, convert to port EFI injection, and throw on the dyno. One could really test that design and the effect of runner length by stacking the 1/2" thick phenolic spacers that they make to change the runner lengths. Would be as easy on he dyno as swapping carb spacers really.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Tunnel Ram & 2 4's-img_0807.jpgTunnel Ram & 2 4's-img_0805.jpgTunnel Ram & 2 4's-img_0806.jpg
I use these with good results. We bore out and use the 525 throttle blade. For tuning we use different size stuffers to lengthen the runners and shrink the plenum.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by KWright
Attachment 572755Attachment 572756Attachment 572757
I use these with good results. We bore out and use the 525 throttle blade. For tuning we use different size stuffers to lengthen the runners and shrink the plenum.
That's a nice looking piece. Who makes it?
Old 11-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by payuppsucker
That's a nice looking piece. Who makes it?
Hogan
Old 11-18-2017, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Kwright can you please explain "different size stuffers and Lengthen the runners"? What kind of stuffers?
Old 11-18-2017, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Stuffers are plates that bolt inside the plenum. They lengthen the runners and also make the plenum smaller at the same time. It allows you to taylor your torque cure to where you want it.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Got it. So you remove that front plate and they slide in there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.