Instrumentation anywhere you wanted >

Instrumentation anywhere you wanted

Notices

Instrumentation anywhere you wanted

Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
Most k-planes and drive cables have a 3 inch stroke. I need to find out what these cost!! I will do some digging and post what I find!
Well that's what I figured! I couldn't find there prices listed on any sites, they all said call for pricing which is the first sign that these things are pricey!

Finally found a forum where someone had called the manufacturer and got prices from them. Your looking at about $375 each for a 3" stroke model!

Maybe pricing would be a bit cheaper through a supplier or for larger quantities but for this to make sense for me they need to be around $100 each!!

Oh well
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not just a normal 30 cc out boat shift / throttle cable check west marine 24 ft and its under 30 bucks with a port supply account.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddr2000
why not just a normal 30 cc out boat shift / throttle cable check west marine 24 ft and its under 30 bucks with a port supply account.
Not sure what you mean?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not bad pricing for marine guages
http://www.digitalmarinegauges.com/p...category_id=16
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Most k-planes and drive cables have a 3 inch stroke. I need to find out what these cost!! I will do some digging and post what I find!
I am the factory rep in TX, LA, OK, and AR.

I'll get you a price.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Well that's what I figured! I couldn't find there prices listed on any sites, they all said call for pricing which is the first sign that these things are pricey!

Finally found a forum where someone had called the manufacturer and got prices from them. Your looking at about $375 each for a 3" stroke model!

Maybe pricing would be a bit cheaper through a supplier or for larger quantities but for this to make sense for me they need to be around $100 each!!

Oh well
Yeah, this stuff is high accuracy and hazardous area certified for use in plants and oilfield applications where they have to be rated explosing proof, sparkless, etc etc.

It isn't cheap. I will check some of my other suppliers and see what I can find out there.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Oh well
Actually, it's probably more than that depending on the cable and signal output.

That is the problem with dealing with distributors is they only send you what you ask them for, them don;t make sure you are buying the right thing.

Your part number is MLP-75 ( this is a 0-3" sroke range), A 15' extension cable to get back to the dash is gonna run about $79+-, The signal output, and connection type is going to range from $44-154 depending on how it was designed.

I never said any of this was cheap, but it is cool stuff.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Oh well
Actually, it's probably more than that depending on the cable and signal output.

That is the problem with dealing with distributors is they only send you what you ask them for, them don;t make sure you are buying the right thing.

Your part number is MLP-75 ( this is a 0-3" sroke range), A 15' extension cable to get back to the dash is gonna run about $79+-, The signal output, and connection type is going to range from $44-154 depending on how it was designed.

I never said any of this was cheap, but it is cool stuff.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting stuff Jeff
Old 12-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Theoretically, this is a good alternative for fuel level. Hydrostatic technology uses the weight of the fluid above the sensor to calibrate the volume of fluid in the vessel. Need to do a little more research as to weather the motion of the boat will throw it off, but it already throws off the floats anyway....

These measure down to an inch or less of fluid all the way to thousands of feet deep.

http://www.pmc1.com/Capability.asp?C...1149&Cat1ID=79
You should have a look at www.maretron.com they have NMEA compatible systems that can monitor just about every parameter you could ever want on a boat. They use ultrasonic sensors for tank level monitoring. They also have several displays in addition to all the sensors. Do you sell or rep any 4-20ma pressure transducers, 0-50psi, 12v?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.