baja stereo help >

baja stereo help

Notices

baja stereo help

Old 04-01-2013, 01:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Craigslist is your friend, I have mostly used stuff and a few new things, I have under 1500 in whole thing and its all JL and Alpine top of the line...

I have 4JL 10's
4 Alpine type R 6x9's
2 Alpine type s 5 1/4's
2 Alpine type r tweeters..

JL 1000/1
JL 300/2
JL 300/4

you build a hell of a stereo for not a ton of money if you do it right

gotta agree with the CL thing...also, check Ebay. The one thing that is awesome about buying off Ebay anymore is stereo stuff, everything else pretty much sucks.. Sonic electronics is a big dealer on there, and they have pretty good prices on high end stuff. They have their contact info on their auctions, and you can call them and get a little better price than advertised. If you can't find anything there, then CL it.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

+1 for E bay I bought 2-700+5 & 2-450+1 JL Audio amps, 4 Rockford Fosgate 10" subs,4 RF 8" & 8 6.5" 2way speakers with a Kenwood head unit & 2 31 series stereo batteries all the amp & speaker wiring, fuses, etc for just over $2000.00. It should get loud enough if I mount the speakers correctly. I think the 6.5s up as high as possible, the 8s above the floor on the sides & the subs in boxes under the back seat. Otherwise I will have a lot of stuff for sale!! LOL. Randy
Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Registered

Yeah I plan on using eBay for pretty much everything I buy. Did all of you guys install everything yourself or pay someone? How hard was it if you did it yourself? Did you guys buy sub boxes or build them? Was wondering how mdf boxes would hold up under rear bench. Thanks
Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ckcgobigblue
Yeah I plan on using eBay for pretty much everything I buy. Did all of you guys install everything yourself or pay someone? How hard was it if you did it yourself? Did you guys buy sub boxes or build them? Was wondering how mdf boxes would hold up under rear bench. Thanks
Did all my own. For subs I pulled my rear bench seat out and put a piece of wood close to down the middle to get it close to the recomended air space (4subs). Not sealed though due to needing access to motor(sliding foward) and seat cushion comes off. It sounds very good though.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I plan on doing the work myself with some advice where needed. Just bought some seats for the front & want to make the rear similar. I will be looking for advice on building sub boxes under the back. When my shoulder gets better I will start a thread on this boat so I can show what I'm doing & listen to others ideas & experience. I did that with my Kachina last fall & got a lot of advice & ideas. Things work pretty well when experience & ideas are shared. Randy
Old 04-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 201 Likes on 129 Posts

I like free air in a boat, boxes take up way too much needed storage space... buy quality stuff, not junk...