Notices

575 rebuild

Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 575 rebuild

Estimated price to freshen a 575 SCI? This would include the block, heads and blower.
After this year, I'm looking to have my engines sent out for a complete re-build and I'm just looking for a starting point.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kjm5125
Estimated price to freshen a 575 SCI? This would include the block, heads and blower.
After this year, I'm looking to have my engines sent out for a complete re-build and I'm just looking for a starting point.
If you still have the stock cams add about $2k to each engine to convert to hyd roller. It's free HP and most builders won't reinstall a flat tappet today, nor should they.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Check Keegan on here. Just had Young do his and convert to rollers, had the blowers freshened too if I remember right.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

PM Ryan9154 or call Tyler Crocket and Jim Valeko. Those 2 freshened Ryans 575's and I believe they dynoed at 742 hp. Pretty impressive. Engines ran very good. They did NOT even add a cooler or increase the boost, which would help make even more power if you wanted! They currently are doing a full rebuild on Ryans engines now shooting for 1000hp, 540's, new blowers, chillers, etc.

Good luck on your project! Glad you love your ARNESON DRIVES also!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New pistons, pins, and rings, all bearings, rod bolts, complete head rebuild, block honed 0005, labor for R & R, new bearings in blower and new belt, rebuild fuel and oil pump - $15K-$20K

Merc charges $24K not including R & R for their 1075's. doesn't include bearings either.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I think there are too many variables to throw a general cost number out.

I just opened that exact worm can. As 4bus mentioned the cams are going to be a big deal. You can go with replicated flat tappet cams (which leave a lot to be desired and would be cheaper). A more expensive way to go is with someones proven package (Dean Gellner in Ohio, Tyler Crocket in MI for example) that has a cams/ecm mapping already selected. If you replace the heads that could throw a curve ball as far as the packaged mapping from them. Your pistons may be able to be reused but you can bump up the compression if you are looking for more power without spinning the little huffers any faster. How many hours on on your motors? You may not need to do anything yet...although stock head gaskets are terrible on the 575.

Mine should already be tore down and will be inspected soon.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
I think there are too many variables to throw a general cost number out.

I just opened that exact worm can. As 4bus mentioned the cams are going to be a big deal. You can go with replicated flat tappet cams (which leave a lot to be desired and would be cheaper). A more expensive way to go is with someones proven package (Dean Gellner in Ohio, Tyler Crocket in MI for example) that has a cams/ecm mapping already selected. If you replace the heads that could throw a curve ball as far as the packaged mapping from them. Your pistons may be able to be reused but you can bump up the compression if you are looking for more power without spinning the little huffers any faster. How many hours on on your motors? You may not need to do anything yet...although stock head gaskets are terrible on the 575.

Mine should already be tore down and will be inspected soon.
Funny that you mention the HG. A local guy partial lost a HG at 200 hrs and it cut the block do to crosfiring, had me so scared it was the reason I tore mine down. My bill got a lot bigger adding the cams

My lower ends had amazing compression and balance numbers both hot and cold, so good the builder was second guessing it. I agree, depending on the hours he may not have to go downstairs.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered

Also it looks like you have the holley blowers, which are dry in the rear. If you plan on keeping the stock blower set up you might want to upgrade to the dual oil bath blowers that Biggus has for sale on here, then sell the ones you have.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Funny that you mention the HG. A local guy partial lost a HG at 200 hrs and it cut the block do to crosfiring, had me so scared it was the reason I tore mine down. My bill got a lot bigger adding the cams

My lower ends had amazing compression and balance numbers both hot and cold, so good the builder was second guessing it. I agree, depending on the hours he may not have to go downstairs.
I had my heads pulled around 200hrs and the head gaskets were burnt toast...common problem on the 575. My motor guy said one more hard run and I could have torched the block. My leak down was within Merc spec (which is WIDE) last time I checked but I have fuel intrusion in the oil. I would guess some fuel intrusion would be normal as I am atleast 9.5psi boost. I dont bother running synthetic because I change the oil after every few runs. I use 15/40 rotella and STP with ZDDP with the flat tappet.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
I had my heads pulled around 200hrs and the head gaskets were burnt toast...common problem on the 575. My motor guy said one more hard run and I could have torched the block. My leak down was within Merc spec (which is WIDE) last time I checked but I have fuel intrusion in the oil. I would guess some fuel intrusion would be normal as I am atleast 9.5psi boost. I dont bother running synthetic because I change the oil after every few runs. I use 15/40 rotella and STP with ZDDP with the flat tappet.
9.5psi on the stock blower? If so, that is sick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.