Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Should I change my oil? >

Should I change my oil?

Notices

Should I change my oil?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we use mild bleach water on the vinyl if it forms some mildew. like down in the seams. other than that we use mister clean pads, set out some ice cubes on the cooler to melt and use that water as its nice and clean. wipe it off with a damp towel, then a dry towel then apply uv protectant.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i change the oil in my supercharged engines at 10 to 12 hrs,it,s cheep insurance.
Yeah I agree.... for mine every 50hrs..
Old 05-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as cleaning the vinyl here is a trick I stumbled across and have shared with friends with excellent results. Pick up some "Super clean" degreaser at your local auto parts store. Spray the vinyl down heavily with full strength solution. Let it sit for a minute then scrub it down with a Mr Clean magic eraser. Rinse the vinyl down with clean water then apply vinyl protectant. .....The first time I tried this I could not believe the results. I had just cleaned everything with my old vinyl cleaner and as soon as I started scrubbing with the eraser the suds turned brown from the dirt that was coming out of the vinyl. My buddy tried it on his interior where the white was badly yellowed and it came out looking brand new.......give it a shot!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by dandercam1
As far as cleaning the vinyl here is a trick I stumbled across and have shared with friends with excellent results. Pick up some "Super clean" degreaser at your local auto parts store. Spray the vinyl down heavily with full strength solution. Let it sit for a minute then scrub it down with a Mr Clean magic eraser. Rinse the vinyl down with clean water then apply vinyl protectant. .....The first time I tried this I could not believe the results. I had just cleaned everything with my old vinyl cleaner and as soon as I started scrubbing with the eraser the suds turned brown from the dirt that was coming out of the vinyl. My buddy tried it on his interior where the white was badly yellowed and it came out looking brand new.......give it a shot!!!
It doesn't hurt the vinyl ? Degreaser scares me...but will try it!

Thanks
Old 05-24-2013, 05:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Nauti Dreams
Nautical Ease Spray Boat Cleaner. The most amazing stuff I have used on interior vinyl hands down. After cleaning with Nautical Ease apply 303 protectant. I used 4 different products on my white vinyl that claimed to be the best and none of them worked. Spray the Nautical Ease on let it sit for a few seconds then wipe with a soft microfiber towel. The best way to use it is with a Mr. clean magic eraser.
Where can I purchase this? I have 303, just in cleaner!!
Old 05-24-2013, 05:36 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by lil red
oil will pick up contaminents, condesation etc, change it. It's under $100 and less than hour. That's cheaper than an hour at a good bar with 2 friends!! lol
Haha... Yeah, the piece of mind is worth it as well!!
Old 05-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Registered

Personally I would NEVER use a Magic Eraser on vinyl. It is too abrasive and will etch the surface of the vinyl. Yes, it will clean the **** out of it, but it will also make it prone to getting dirty again much faster.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
Personally I would NEVER use a Magic Eraser on vinyl. It is too abrasive and will etch the surface of the vinyl. Yes, it will clean the **** out of it, but it will also make it prone to getting dirty again much faster.
Stains happen, and a magic eraser is the least intrusive way to remove a tough stain. I wouldn't use a magic eraser daily, but I wouldn't drive around with stained interior bragging that my vinyl isn't "etched" either
Old 05-24-2013, 10:02 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oil changes are NOT where you want to try and save a few bucks! Iwouldn't use petromium products on vinyl products either IMO
Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Registered

condensation tends to contaminate the oil when you leave it sit for a while (through season changes).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.