Alternatives to Procharger intercooler >

Alternatives to Procharger intercooler

Notices

Alternatives to Procharger intercooler

Old 07-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/index.html

Meth is the answer, it will make your motors so happy and last longer!! Talk to Rodney there he rocks!!!!! :-) :-) They have some new tanks not on web page yet they are Awsome and have all the right baffling in them for a boat :-)
Old 07-29-2013, 03:38 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Air to Air would work if you could get the air to it. Don't know if R-Tech is still around, they were making intercoolers for that application.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm familiar with the Procharger intercoolers.
I could make up a core unit of finned cupronickel tubing that would fit inside of the housing. From the outside it would "be" a Procharger intercooler, but all of the water passages would be corrosion resistant cupronickel. The housing of course would still be aluminum but would only see hot air - not water.

The finned cupronickel tubes could be stacked and staged to allow the coldest water on the "exit" end of the airflow and the warmed water to exit on the entry end of the unit - this would spread the cooling delta all the way thru the core.

I haven't done one of these, but I would say I could do so for no more than the cost of a standard replacement unit.

MC
Old 07-30-2013, 05:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds really interesting. I sent you a pm.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:42 AM
Registered

coolingmist.com

I have one of these setups on my Grand National, and run it with straight Methanol. You will be able to turn up the boost if you so choose to do so and still have a huge safety margin. Methanol is cheap and you don't use a lot of it either.
Their system is totally programmable, and only come on when you need it.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zx6rr33
That sounds really interesting. I sent you a pm.
got a friend that ran one of thease in his zx for a few yrs..worked gr8..http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php...0a99242d95ac1b
Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They look good, thanks for the link, Fixx!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Registered

Fixx,
Was he running one of their intercoolers in salt water? My boat goes in for three days then comes out and gets flushed. The frozen boost stuff is inexpensive but I worry about longevity.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

salt and aluminum are not going to be good no matter who makes them...
Old 07-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zx6rr33
Fixx,
Was he running one of their intercoolers in salt water? My boat goes in for three days then comes out and gets flushed. The frozen boost stuff is inexpensive but I worry about longevity.
noi fresh water..im suprised your having trouble,,trailers seem to last in salt water..you may want to rig up a flushing t in the sostem to flush the cooler when sitting..i think the problem come from the boat sitting and when the water drains out on the cooler the salt in the water plugs up your cooler and then starts to rot it out..call frozen boost and see what other options they have..you may be able to run the cooler through a ice/water tank but dont know how long the ice / water will last in the heat..http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...0a99242d95ac1b

im thinking a on board liquid nitrogen tank cooling the water for the intercooler might work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.