Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Baja not charging acting funny!!!! Quick question think I fixed want thoughts >

Baja not charging acting funny!!!! Quick question think I fixed want thoughts

Notices

Baja not charging acting funny!!!! Quick question think I fixed want thoughts

Old 07-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja not charging acting funny!!!! Quick question think I fixed want thoughts

Hey guys on my 2000 baja boss 302 with 454 7.4 mpi and today I got a warming beeps and noticed my gauges showed 9 volts . I had both switches on 2 so I swapped to all position and showed 12 volts and was good.... Then I got the warming so I pulled ashore and started to check stuff... I noticed the wire on the alternator port side was broke completely off and the starboard side was loose... I'm guessing this was the return to battery to charge??? Was the orange wire up high on back of altinator.... So I replaceed the connectors and hooked all back up and now I show 12-13 volts . I am very curious on exactly what this orange wire does,,????
Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the orange wire is voltage output. if you start the engine and put the red lead of your volt meter to the terminal where the orange wire is connected to and the black meter lead to the black wire terminal it will tell you how many volts your alt is putting out. it should be around 14.2 at 2500 rpm