First start up on my new big block :) >

First start up on my new big block :)

Notices

First start up on my new big block :)

Old 07-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
What I meant by what heads, was what ''model''? Small oval ports, large oval ports, rectangle ports, etc.

Wasn't trying to pi$$ on your rainbow, I was just worried about 4.560 bore on a production 502 block that's been in a boat for many years, with 12psi of procharged boost going thru it. Ive split a cylinder wall before and It sucked. Filled the engine with water in seconds. Had I not caught it as quickly as I did, I woulda wiped everything out.

A buddy of mine built a 522CI like you have. With a M4 Procharger, edelbrock aluminum heads with mild porting, around 8.0:1 compression, hydraulic roller cam. Well over 1000HP. He's running Dart block, with a Lunati Blower crank, and oliver rods, JE Blower pistons with upgraded pins for the power level.

I'd imagine your somewhere in the neighborhood of 9:1 static with the flat top pistons?

Hey maybe i seemed upset, not the slightest bit. I really do appreciate the questions. Helps not only myself but anyone else reading this!

The fact that we now have flat tops and larger bore, id have to look at blue print sheet, but i think its back to around stock CR. I can check in a little bit. Sorry the heads are rectangle ports. I assumed all GEN 6 Heads were this way. But i guess not. Although it may seem 100% different i did not build the boat to be a drag race boat, or to go 100mph everytime out. I just built it to have it if needed. Which i think will help it hold up in the long run!

How ever your buddy's build sounds bad ass! What did he have for a drive?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Registered

God i cant wait to get the external steering to go more than half throttle! Plus due to my lack of experience driving smaller boats this fast, previous owner will be coming out with me to higher speed runs until I get a real feel for things!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtuned
Hey maybe i seemed upset, not the slightest bit. I really do appreciate the questions. Helps not only myself but anyone else reading this!

The fact that we now have flat tops and larger bore, id have to look at blue print sheet, but i think its back to around stock CR. I can check in a little bit. Sorry the heads are rectangle ports. I assumed all GEN 6 Heads were this way. But i guess not. Although it may seem 100% different i did not build the boat to be a drag race boat, or to go 100mph everytime out. I just built it to have it if needed. Which i think will help it hold up in the long run!

How ever your buddy's build sounds bad ass! What did he have for a drive?
IMCO SCX drives.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Which equals big $$$

I'm crossing my fingers and hope my b1 holds for a while after this last build on it.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cp5899
Which equals big $$$

I'm crossing my fingers and hope my b1 holds for a while after this last build on it.
I have a B1 With XR gears. But with all of us, its only a matter of time :/
Old 07-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the old thin floor gears and blew it up twice in about 20 minutes just cruising. I just finished rebuilding it with x gears and it ran all day Saturday with out any problems. I plan on babying the boat for the rest of the summer so that it will hopefully stay together.

I didn't know you could put xr gears in a bravo 1 case.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cp5899
I had the old thin floor gears and blew it up twice in about 20 minutes just cruising. I just finished rebuilding it with x gears and it ran all day Saturday with out any problems. I plan on babying the boat for the rest of the summer so that it will hopefully stay together.

I didn't know you could put xr gears in a bravo 1 case.

Yes sir!