New 8.1L fuel pump issue >

New 8.1L fuel pump issue

Notices

New 8.1L fuel pump issue

Old 08-04-2002, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 8.1L fuel pump issue

I was just on vacation with friends and they took delivery on a new ski boat with an 8.1L Indmar marinized engine. On the test run with the salesman, the boat stalled when going into neutral. The salesman said that he was glad it did that then because he had forgotten to mention it before and all three boats like it that he delivered did the same thing. Seems to be a quirk with this engine, yadda yadda yadda. He claimed it was a fuel pump issue and it will stall any time you cut the throttle back to neutral from over 1500 rpm. So he says the fix for it is to throttle back to 2500 for a few seconds, then 2000, 1500, and then slowly back to neutral. Has anyone heard of this and is there an ECU fix that would take care of it??
Old 08-04-2002, 08:27 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a ridiculous answer he gave you. Why should you have to do that? The motor obviously is not right. What if have to pull back on the throttle in a hurry???? Do they expect you to restart the motor every time? Also, I can't see how a fuel pump can do this. Sounds to me more like a air flow problem. Maybe something with the minimum air adjustment or I.A.C. motor.