gen 6 engine filling oilpan with water. >

gen 6 engine filling oilpan with water.

Notices

gen 6 engine filling oilpan with water.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I also have heard of issues of the gen IV head on a gen VI block even with the "correct gaskets"
im starting to think this might be the problem.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

you said it had the problem with the iron head and now has it with the edelbrocks. is there any chance there is some strange core shift with the block or machining that has put a water port between the block and heads in an odd place that allows the water to seep past the head gasket? just throwing things out there.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Registered

when it came to me with the origional heads one was cracked and i thought that was the problem with the water intrusion.before i had any machine work done i had the block magged and it was good.im going to do some more checking tomorrow but im sure il be taking the heads off soon and im really going to check how the head gasget lines up with the block and head.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

You are reverting water at 5000 rpm
Old 09-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
when it came to me with the origional heads one was cracked and i thought that was the problem with the water intrusion.before i had any machine work done i had the block magged and it was good.im going to do some more checking tomorrow but im sure il be taking the heads off soon and im really going to check how the head gasget lines up with the block and head.
Take a close look at the upper coolant holes where the block and head seal
Old 09-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the deep
Possibly warped intake manifold .
i did not think this was the problem but WE HAVE A WINNER.i tightened the bolts to the point of almost snapping them and ran it again,i put dye in the cooling system to help find the leak,NO MORE LEAK.i took the manifold off and checked it for flatness on both sides with a straight edge,it is warped.it is a competition products that is made in china.im either going to get it milled straight or replace it with a new american made peice depending on the owners wallet.id like to thank all you guys for your ideas on this.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered

also like to say it did not seem to leak until the engine got warm.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Glad you found it mike, and were able to prove it not just say I think it's this.... And replace it.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

I had a procomp intake for a sbf that was machined so crooked that you could rock it back and forth on the engine. I just sent it back and bought an edelbrock. I try my best to never use chinesium crap as I have had so much of it fail or have spent too many hours trying to fix it before I can even use it. at least you found it so you dont have to pull all your hair out now.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Registered

this is the manifold that was on the engine when the owner bought the boat.im going to do my best to talk him into buying a new american made one and i dont want the old one,even for free,chinese junk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.