Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Need help with choosing cam >

Need help with choosing cam

Notices

Need help with choosing cam

Old 01-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have gotten all the papers from bob madera to fill out. This guy is awesome. He even called back to make sure I got them. Then I've been busy and he calls again to make sure I'm alright and if I have any problems. Now that is customer service and he will have my biz on this .
Old 01-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
yes,cetianly not generic cookie cutter cams as some have stated,crane has a lot of grinds for a lot of different engines but one needs to have the know how to pick the right one,thats where bob madera comes in,give him your information and he will set you up with a cam.i am not in the cam buisness so i will no longer give any advice on cam selection.
I will say mike that every cam that has been recommended so far is almost exactly what you suggested from crane . I mean almost exact so I say your doing pretty good.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Thumbs up

While I have the 651 cam in my 540`s I`d have to say I think most of those type of grinds are not marine specific but geared more towards automotive usage. Not that its bad but theres room for improvement. After speaking with Bob M. for the first time, I gotta say the man knows his stuff now I know why everyone regards him so highly. Sorry about the dumb comments Bob
If it was in the budget I`d have him cut me a specfic grind no doubt.
I have a great head guy and along with Bobs recommended components I cant wait to see what she`ll do on the dyno!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:06 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
While I have the 651 cam in my 540`s I`d have to say I think most of those type of grinds are not marine specific but geared more towards automotive usage. Not that its bad but theres room for improvement. After speaking with Bob M. for the first time, I gotta say the man knows his stuff now I know why everyone regards him so highly. Sorry about the dumb comments Bob
If it was in the budget I`d have him cut me a specfic grind no doubt.
I have a great head guy and along with Bobs recommended components I cant wait to see what she`ll do on the dyno!
You just have to speak to the man one time to get an idea of his wealth of knowledge.