Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
formula vs. fountain >

formula vs. fountain

Notices

formula vs. fountain

Old 03-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

VoodooRob brings up a good point. Consider the shape of the trailer too. Had I bothered to pull a brake drum on my latest boat/trailer purchase I would have seen that the brakes were not working (had the boat delivered). The tab to put the brakes in tip-top shape was a grand.
I would want to see all repairs over the life of the boat if available. Is everyting working on both boats? Even little things like bilge pumps. Not too expensive to get a replacement but I had to remove both risers/exhaust manifolds, alternator, and cool fuel system to get to it! Major project!
Trim tab and drive indicator cables... items included (does either have an anchor and at least 200 feet of 1/2" line)?

I agree with the opinions from other members. Both boats are quality. Make a VERY long list and compare both boats. Know that you can easily drop 7-10k to both equip and repair little things especially if you don't do your own work.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:44 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd like to see some paperwork on the engines or find out who rebuilt them. I'd hate to buy the Formula mainly because of the engines and have problems with them. Along the same lines, how well documented is the service of the 300 hr engines? Maybe get it cheaper because of the hrs and budget in a rebuild getting a little more power out of them in the process in the near future?
Old 03-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 409 Likes on 182 Posts

Wow 31 posts Fountain vs Formula and nobody's fighting!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm probly going to sell the trailer right away if someone is interested
Old 03-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Craney
Wow 31 posts Fountain vs Formula and nobody's fighting!!!
Ok.....I'll start....

My Formula is better built, rides better, weighs less, tows better and fits more skanks in the stabbing cabin.

Was that a good start to pick a fight? Not sure how this works....
Old 03-20-2014, 07:42 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
Ok.....I'll start....

My Formula is better built, rides better, weighs less, tows better and fits more skanks in the stabbing cabin.
Was that a good start to pick a fight? Not sure how this works....
No, no, no. You don't start a fight by saying yours is better, you have say the other brand is worse or just mention the b-word.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

This might get it going....
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Beeks up.......
Old 03-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes Burmark
VoodooRob brings up a good point. Consider the shape of the trailer too. Had I bothered to pull a brake drum on my latest boat/trailer purchase I would have seen that the brakes were not working (had the boat delivered). The tab to put the brakes in tip-top shape was a grand.
I would want to see all repairs over the life of the boat if available. Is everyting working on both boats? Even little things like bilge pumps. Not too expensive to get a replacement but I had to remove both risers/exhaust manifolds, alternator, and cool fuel system to get to it! Major project!
Trim tab and drive indicator cables... items included (does either have an anchor and at least 200 feet of 1/2" line)?

I agree with the opinions from other members. Both boats are quality. Make a VERY long list and compare both boats. Know that you can easily drop 7-10k to both equip and repair little things especially if you don't do your own work.
You got that right...I just replaced the tires on my Sunsation's trailer and found that my brakes have never worked. It's probably going to be another grand on top of the 700 for tires to get the trailer setup right at minimum.

Hey, the bright side is that if I ever sell my boat, the next owner can be confident this girl is in tip top shape! Just wish all owners felt the same way about their boats.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thats cute. The fountain wreaths look like bubbles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.