Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Mercruiser Fault Codes?? >

Mercruiser Fault Codes??

Notices

Mercruiser Fault Codes??

Old 09-08-2018, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Engine serial number is 1A652875. The boat was bought used from a guy (he was the original owner), not used from a dealership, and always used in fresh water. Im going to try to get to the boat today to check the operating temps however, I do check the temps all the time and they are never what I would consider off. Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:46 PM
Registered

Finally was able to get the boat out today. All temperature gauges are operating normally according to the digital panel. Thanks for any help
Old 09-16-2018, 11:43 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

just to let you know the engine was changed out under full warranty with very little engine hours and has a different engine serial number than original engine. I do know the current engine serial number thou.

Anyways so what temps is the engine running at since you mention normal ? different engines have different normal running temps.

IMO your O 2 sensor (s) possible are getting contaminated by something going thru the exhaust and or possible by water and or condensation.

Last edited by BUP; 09-16-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:25 PM
Registered

He put yet another oxygen sensor on and the boat is no longer coding. I will let you know what happens when we put it back in the water in the spring.
Thanks for all of your help.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
^^^^^^^^^^^ In this thread I Posted alot info here to help out catalyst engine boat owners. My experience one I am trained indepth on Marine catalyst systems, 2 is Cat engines are not for everyone to work on especially with no experience. I see more boat owners and incompetent service shops cause more harm than good and in return really causes huge expense to get systems fixed correctly after the fact.

Two - I hate when I spend my time to offer very solid indepth FREE info that I had to pay for to gain and that person never comes back up to say it fixed it or not. They disappear once they get what they want for info like the poster above. The dude made 5 total posts here on OSO but failed to comeback up for the 6 post to give updates. Anyways --- you need to post your engine serial number - hours on the engines and was the shop that work on your app competent ? Also is your app totally stock ? and is your exhaust totally stock ? do you have captain call exhaust ? meaning switchable exhaust -
My apologies if referring to me. Bad O2 sensor was my issue.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Registered

I installed the Vesselview Mobile device on my 2003 Sea Ray 280 Sundancer which has a single 496MAG S/N 0M376155. After the install and starting the boat I immediately have 5 fault codes. How do I determine if they are an issue and even applicable to my engine? Engine idles around 670-700RPM (is that normal, or low?).

-Code 451-25 Pilot Pressure (The input circuit for the sensor is below the valid limit)
-Code 701-24 Level sensor tank A (The input circuit for the sensor is below the valid limit)
-Code 1031-24 Steering Position (The input circuit for the sensor is below the valid limit)
-Code 1012-25 Engine or drive trim position (The input circuit for the sensor is below the valid limit)
-Code 702-24 Level sensor tank B (The input circuit for the sensor is below the valid limit)

Thanks in advance! For all I know, these codes aren't applicable to my engine or don't mean anything...
Old 09-20-2018, 09:43 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

depends if you have those or not and if you have DTS as well ??
Old 09-20-2018, 12:17 PM
Registered

OK, according to Mercruiser:

"All the faults you mention below are for optional sensors, some are not installed on most boats. Basically the engine is looking for sensors that are not installed and don't need to be there. You can ignore or silence these faults within the vesselview mobile app. Dealers have service manuals and software that lists faults for the engine. The idle RPM for your engine seems normal. If you have some of these sensors installed, for example a smartcraft style fuel tank sender, have a dealer diagnose the sender and circuit for problems.
Thanks,
James
MerCruiser Consumer Support"
Old 12-13-2018, 11:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by djam
We bought a 2012 Sea Ray Sundeck 240 with a Mercruiser 5.7 Bravo. Since we bought it we are getting a code 48 stbd exhaust oxygen sensor not working properly. We had our mechanic replace the precat sensor and reset the code. 2 hours later we got the same code so he replaced the post cat sensor. Not even an hour into that we got another code 48 and now are getting a code 50 as well. Any thoughts? We are extremely frustrated. Thank you.
First off BUP you're definitely THE man when It comes to these merc CAT engines. I am on my second boat with a Scorpion DTS 350 1A092878 is my current one and started a thread on wakeworld with these EXACT same codes, you patience and knowledge are not un noticed brother! Hey DJAM I know it's cold now and you said you would be getting your boat out this spring but Iam literally throwing 48 and 50 also, was it your post or pre cat that fixed and was it stb side I assume. My “Merc” techs were showing the boat running rich and when given slight vaccum it would lower fuel pressure, needless to say they never fixed it. This thread is going to help get a lot of folks back on the water in the future Thanks fellas

Last edited by Wakedirt; 12-14-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:12 PM
Registered

Ps I purchased a rinda techmate pro and have vaccum and fuel pressure tester gauges, I will also be doing new plugs for ****s and gigs after replacing the sensors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.