Notices

lying to your insurance company? ??

Old 05-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I'm gonna start a thread "does anyone cheat on their taxes " lol
Or "how many guys here say they don't drink beer while boating, only when back at the dock?"

Been here 13 yrs, still waiting for that individual to step up that will admit it.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
FWIW-Insurance companys will do ANYTHING to NOT pay a claim. A trans customer had a lift kit on a 1ton mini dump truck for his side business, stupid azz idea anyways as I think lift kits for trucks that tow or haul and never go off road are just plain stupid. He swerved to avoid something at 65 mph, caught shoulder/drop off of road, truck spun out hooked and rolled, TOTALED. Insurance adjuster took one look at it and denied the claim, those 12 pages of writing that no body reads mention not covered: MODIFIED FROM STOCK CONDITION, IE lift kits etc and they stuck it up his azz , he tried suing and lost, this is a FIRST hand story that I heard from his mouth, not internet urban legend. If you lie about your hp and its blatant and there is a claim they can and will deny it even if its not speed related-IE you have a 1000 hp blower motor, policy says 450 hp 502 mpi, barn blows down and destroys boat, insurance co drags boat out, takes a look and says oh, its supercharged, we would have never insured it in the first place so they can deny claim as you fraudulently insured it, distinct possibility , Smitty
Agree 100%. Any money that they pay you is less money that they get to keep.......and they are in the BUSINESS of keeping money.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:48 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Or "how many guys here say they don't drink beer while boating, only when back at the dock?"

Been here 13 yrs, still waiting for that individual to step up that will admit it.
I don't.

In fact, I have a case of Sam Adams from a few years ago still on my counter.

But , no, I don't expect a cop to believe that...why would he/she.