This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid >

This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid

Notices

This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid

Old 06-07-2014, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
I bought one about 3 years ago cast cam peace of junk. Efi motor would never idle. 3 tuners CPU sent all over the country still wouldn't idle. $250 off the shelf Erson Cam (billet). Purred like a kitten. CP Performance= Junk Dealer.
the cast or billet core have nothing to do with how it ran or idled, just lifespan..how it was designed and ground is the key
Old 06-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Hardin.. CP same $hit, buy out your competition, jack up prices , think your **** don`t stink treat customers like *******s. Standard.
Keith Eikert . There's more to the buyup story . They now have a stranglehold on us .
Old 06-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
I bought one about 3 years ago cast cam peace of junk. Efi motor would never idle. 3 tuners CPU sent all over the country still wouldn't idle. $250 off the shelf Erson Cam (billet). Purred like a kitten. CP Performance= Junk Dealer.
So are we all on the same page in understanding that these are cast core cams? There is no value in that cam at all if it is.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
the cast or billet core have nothing to do with how it ran or idled, just lifespan..how it was designed and ground is the key
I understand. Was answering the guys question of cast cam or not. Basically junk core and junk lobe design sold by a junk dealer.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

That's a really fancy description of cams with a wide LSA.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:01 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Comp and Crane simply call them Marine cams. Crane has published many technical papers to the engine building community (I miss those !) and to the public. A lot had same contenet.

Anyway, from overlap at seat, .050" and etc...to what side of overlap (BTDC, ATDC) to concentrate on...to rate of fall for the pipes...and etc,etc. Spring testing and results, etc,etc,etc

They did a ton for the performance marine community with lots of testing....spring rates with hyd flat/roller lifters / rocker arms / lifters /etc/etc....Why : They where on board with Merc, so they had to know and test their stuff...Again. good news, they shared this info if you just simply signed up for it.

Anyway, they did not, even with all there testing and info, make it look like they promised no-reversion. That 's in the hands of the builders and riggers.