HP500/ BBC short water pump part# >

HP500/ BBC short water pump part#

Notices

HP500/ BBC short water pump part#

Old 06-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default HP500/ BBC short water pump part#

Does anyone know the # off the top of their head?? I got one today but it was the long snout......need the short one.

And not mercruiser crook ass #
Old 06-10-2014, 09:32 AM
Registered

Thank you
Originally Posted by Borgie
Old 06-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

O'rielly's CP 981 105 bucks comes anodized black ready to go
Old 06-12-2014, 08:02 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

will add also in the marine industry GLM as we all say Good Luck Marine. Every single part from them is China made no matter what it is. Some of their parts are good but some of it is junkie right out of the box.

For the average boater their exhaust manifolds are not bad at all. The aluminum ones as well are pretty decent. I do not like any of their rubber products like bellows, impellers along with carb kits & ignition components and so on.

The price of this circ pump is extremely cheap compared to Merc retail of 222.50 and wholesale. I can not even buy one wholesale thru merc or any other aftermarkets for what the GLM one is selling retail for. It makes me wonder where are they cutting the costs ?

That is dirt cheap for a True marine circ pump. Also just think what DM paid for it to make his profit. I can not see how they even can make it for what he paid for it along with what GLM is making off of him as well. What GLM buy in is 38 bucks for this. DM buy in is 65 bucks and retails for 95 bucks.

Last edited by BUP; 06-12-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine at Speed and Custom Marine they are $79.99 I believe.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Borgie
So because mercruisers pump is twice the price it's superior right?! Mercruiser is the king of taking something and simply marking it up because they have placed their name on it. I will agree that some stuff from the ROC is junk, however they have been forging steel for many more years than half of the slobs in this country, so I wouldn't say just because it's Chinese it's garbage. That's a truly ignorant statement(if that's what you are inferring). Hell half of the folks on here are running Chinese 4340 cranks in their engines, and there is absolutely not a thing wrong with that.

The GLM pumps work and are a true marine pump. But if someone feels better buying the overpriced OEM that's their choice.
merc does NOT just mark things up to double the price. they also put really nice shiny black paint on it...
Old 06-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok .So lets all dump on Mercury ...Wonder how the boating industry would be if they had never been involved .Or how would it be now if they bailed .Most performance boats don't take long to burn 200.00 worth of gas ...........the retail of a pump......Get a grip
Old 06-12-2014, 09:52 PM
BUP
Banned

Of course not merc is over priced on everything - I know that since I have bought marine parts for 25 years and running. But I also know what is good and what is bad. I have no experience with the GLM Circ pumps and a lot times price does dictate quality was my point.

I will bet you that I have more experience with GLM other parts and most other marine suppliers than you can think of in your life time. Over 12,000 boats have been serviced thru my shop 100% successfully thru out 25 years so I think some of the statements I make can hold water.

All marine quality of parts IMO are not as good as they use to be period. If I had the choice - if Mallory marine was still around - I would buy their version of parts for any Mercruiser. They really had some good marine parts to offer. Sierra bought them out so Mallory marine is no longer. GLM might have a great pump here but a lot times quality does have it price. Again for that price makes me wonder how can they offer it that cheap.

Also if you were to ask any marine wholesale distributor who had GLM parts that sold to dealers only why they dropped GLM - the number one answer was quality issue's. If you were in the business of dealing with thousands and thousands of marine parts yearly then you would know that. I am passing on what I know thought out the industry.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So you've done 12,000 boats with 100% success...Pretty strong statement ...I guess I need to drive to Texas to have my boat worked on. What is the name of your business?

Originally Posted by BUP
Of course not merc is over priced on everything - I know that since I have bought marine parts for 25 years and running. But I also know what is good and what is bad. I have no experience with the GLM Circ pumps and a lot times price does dictate quality was my point.

I will bet you that I have more experience with GLM other parts and most other marine suppliers than you can think of in your life time. Over 12,000 boats have been serviced thru my shop 100% successfully thru out 25 years so I think some of the statements I make can hold water.

All marine quality of parts IMO are not as good as they use to be period. If I had the choice - if Mallory marine was still around - I would buy their version of parts for any Mercruiser. They really had some good marine parts to offer. Sierra bought them out so Mallory marine is no longer. GLM might have a great pump here but a lot times quality does have it price. Again for that price makes me wonder how can they offer it that cheap.

Also if you were to ask any marine wholesale distributor who had GLM parts that sold to dealers only why they dropped GLM - the number one answer was quality issue's. If you were in the business of dealing with thousands and thousands of marine parts yearly then you would know that. I am passing on what I know thought out the industry.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:06 PM
BUP
Banned

My post # 11 did not show up till now anyways another point here is no where with all the marine wholesale distributors 20 of them and including OEM Mercruiser can I buy that pump for a Big block Mercruiser wholesale for what GLM has it listed for. Not one aftermarket comes even close.

Redline
Sierra
EMP
JM
WSM
Donavon
MMD
MES
last year Mallory Marine
and so on

Last edited by BUP; 06-12-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.