MEFI3 computer reprogramming >

MEFI3 computer reprogramming

Notices

MEFI3 computer reprogramming

Old 08-20-2002, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MEFI3 computer reprogramming

Does anyone know who might have the codes to get into the MEFI3 computers? Or how to hack their way in? I will pay. Oh yea, Az Speed and Marine does not have them.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GM, propriatary information.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:38 AM
Bayley

You are asking to see the lost books of the bible my friend.
NOBODY is going to hand them out freely. I've been trying for years and have had z-e-r-o luck. Best bet is to either go with an after market ECU ($$$) or find someone with inside connections at either Mercuiser or GM and "entertain" them accordingly (tittie bars work wonders on OEM's).

Another option I've been playing around with, is re-soldering a new micro on an existing ECU and flashing the entire micro with totally new, custom software. Very big job, and lots of dyno time to develop... but I'm still trying.

-Bayley

Old 08-21-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huuuummmmmm !!! That a funny thing about Arizona Speed, last week there telling me the programming they could change in the MEFI3 far exceeds what they were previously able to do. The sell reworked MEFI3's for $900.00 each......exchange with your old one. Now they are telling you they don't have the codes????? Hogwash!!!
Old 08-23-2002, 05:10 PM
Registered

Blown formula is right. AZ speed does have the codes\software. I believe AZ speed is one of three in the counrty other than Merc and GM that have it. It's a money maker for him.
I've also tried for a long time to get my hands on this software. I spoke with Dustin whipple about the mefi 3 software. He told me even if you can get it, it's not straight forward the code uses SAE terminology and are in what is called BIN files.
I also came across this web site DIY/EFI
http://www.diy-efi.org/ Check out tuner cat he told me via email that he reversed engineered the mefi3 software and is testing it now. http://www.tunercat.com/
I sent him another email to get an update

jdelo
Old 08-24-2002, 03:29 PM
bajah2x105

Blown in right-HOGWASH!!!! Jim has the codes. Merc. gives these codes to the select few who intergrate their products for sale or R&D. Probably both!!! This whole MEFI3 X-File thing is a bunch of bullS*%T. And everyone was in a hooplah about Microsoft cornering the market- what would you call this? Think about all the aftermarket computer interface stuff for cars! Sorry for that quick vent but that whole thing still pisses me off.
Wow, $900.00 bucks for a reprogrammed computer with a core charge. That sounds like a great deal to me! The poor guys fingers must be rubbed to the bone punching in the new variables to see if their guess is going to work or not.
Bottom line for me is if I knew then what I know now then I would have spent the money on a SpeedPro or DFI and make my own changes for the best performance possible. Yes, they are alot of money but at least your not at the mercy of someone else making a killing on you over and over again.
I'm still waiting for my stock injectors to come back from ASM that he "has no use for" for the last 2 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your time OSO members and have a great day!
Time for my meds.........

Old 08-24-2002, 03:59 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

Jim at AZspeed and Marine reprogrammed my MEFI3 computer in my boat 2 years ago. No problems.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:23 PM
bajah2x105

MrGoodwrench, My computer seems to work also. I just had some things happen from them that were very unprofessional. As a matter of fact the first time the computer came back the boat would not even start. I was told that the shipping scanner erased it. The funny thing is that the computer came packed in a bag that blocks out that kind of stuff, like all electronic equipiment should. HMMMMMMM? I'm not alone with dissapointments in ASM's practices.
I'm sorry to use this post for a ***** session but like I said, I got burned and not just with the computer booboo.
My main point before I got off the subject was the lousy way that the codes for the MEFI3 have become top secret for the exception of a few dealers who have special interest ties to Merc. to make these things tunable. I just don't get it!
Again, I don't want to start trouble-just had to let it out.

"Cant we all just get along?"
OK, I feel much better now!

Old 08-25-2002, 02:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's a shame now that they are on to MEFI3 Why not make the programming available for the MEFI1 and 2. Keep the latest and greatest and sell off the older stuff. $2-300 for a CD with the programming and connections for the box to computer. Maybe try and buy ASM laptop from them and they will leave the programs on it.
Old 08-25-2002, 01:34 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

GM and Merc spend big bucks designing these engines to work propperly and to last. I think only letting a few people have access to remap the settings is in there best interest. That way they know that qualified people are doing the work.

Quick Reply: MEFI3 computer reprogramming

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.