Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Does sizereally matter??? >

Does sizereally matter???

Notices

Does sizereally matter???

Old 08-24-2002, 08:34 AM
Offshore Addiction

doug......are you the owner or part of the crew from the notorious A boat RUMRUNNER.....

Old 08-24-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope....
Old 08-24-2002, 10:12 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

peopleetr-I used to run a shallow v 24' on lake Michigan. I would only go out when there were no white caps. I did once run the boat in 6' water. I actually hit 65 that day. The catch is that I had to run parallel with the waves and it required me to tack like a sail boat to do it. I ran for about 1 1/2 hours off plane to get to a point far enough out so that I could run on plane for 15 minutes. The point being: if you want to run fast with a light boat then you need good water or you won't be competitive. If you want to run fast in snotty Michigan water, then you need a heavier deep v boat that will run slower. An exaple of this is the 28 Warlock. That boat is extreamly competitive in snotty water. But in a smooth water race the boat sucks. The reverse would be true for a light boat.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:45 AM
Offshore Addiction

hey guys.....why do ya think my screen name is offshore addiction.....i race the F1-52 offshore addiction,apba member 2324,which is a warlock 29 world class.....that measures out to 28 ft by APBA specs....and weighs in at 4850......so I still stand on what I originally posted....now I do agree with you about racing a couple of local races...BUT....that still wont prepare you for(it will help you)but wont prepare you for the spankings youll get running with us.....its my third year in factory one and Ive learned the hard way.......warlock builds a hell of a boat,but as a business theyll stab you in the back,unless you have a open and unlimited check book like some of these guys i run against,it takes a couple of years to get a boat into the top 6,these guys are fast and were only a small operation standing alone against these million dollar guys with open checkbooks......wait till you see the two page layout in poker runs america offshore collectors series for 2002.....beautiful, just beautiful........you can also go to www.checkeredflagphotography.net and check out there opening page.....sorry i havent quite mastered making a jump address to go straight to it......and im serious about that turn key race team....

Old 08-24-2002, 11:52 AM
Offshore Addiction

oops they changed there opening page,scroll down to apba races,go to daytona, then scroll down to offshore addiction f1-52 and check us out thanks.....