Opening a can of worms >

Opening a can of worms

Notices

Opening a can of worms

Old 09-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
Because the force models are cosmetically unappealing. They look like they are older than they actually are and last I checked the looks of a boat are the first thing to spark interest when selling.

So, I guess if you are buying and are just looking for a cheap boat then the force models may be the way to go. But I have never seen one that had much appeal even if someone tried to update it.
I'll agree with you that the graphics are kind of old school and tend to date them a little bit. However, IMO not as bad as the "South Beach" pinks, teals and purples that were common in the early - mid 90's. I have to admit that I wish mine had the more modern looking curved windshield. Keep in mind that they stopped making the Force hull in 1990 (called it the DVX then). So they look like an old boat because they ARE an old boat. Still, from a sheer usability standpoint, it's hard to find another boat in this hull length with the kind of room that they have on them. I still get a lot of complements on the looks of my boat - I guess it has appeal for certain people like a classic Camaro or Cuda has with cars. To each his own, I guess.

I'll also agree that a LOT of the older boats' resale value is being hurt by the glut of newer model boats that are hitting the used market with the economic downturn. That's why you see so many of them being parted out.