Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Gas Ssteam Out Of Whipple Chargers >

Gas Ssteam Out Of Whipple Chargers

Notices

Gas Ssteam Out Of Whipple Chargers

Old 10-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a cure for your leaking injectors,but wouldn't running the bilge blower exhaust the fumes from the boat
Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have absolutly no problems with injectors. I use always the EU 98 Octan gas. I think that's the 93 Octane US.
I allso use E5 , not more and only from a good make.
The blower can exhaust the evaporated gas and i use it a few min. before i start and i let it run while i drive.
When i turn it off when in drive i have no gas smell only with motors off and then after a while.

But you bring me to a idea.
My left engine runs great in idle, mid and WOT no problems.
The right one ist god in midrange and WOT but not in idle.
After hard cold start it smokes in idle. I just need to rise the RPM to 900 it stop with smoking.
When i come from a drive with warm engine ( have 120 degree Thermostate) into idle it does not smoke for maybe a minute. Then it start Smoking again. I think i have not enough air in idle but i'm not able to fix this problem. I can use the RINDA program from a friend who has a boat shop here. It's not posible to adjust the RPM so that i have IAC steps between 20-50 and TPS at 0,45-0,55V. It's always over or under. Is it over, it is out off idle Modeand runs to high. Is it under it rund better but smokes.

I belive after idling a few minutes it get such a overload in the charger that when i shut off the Motor then, it is like a injector is leak.

Greatings

Hans
Old 10-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarab28Germany
We have absolutly no problems with injectors. I use always the EU 98 Octan gas. I think that's the 93 Octane US.
I allso use E5 , not more and only from a good make.
The blower can exhaust the evaporated gas and i use it a few min. before i start and i let it run while i drive.
When i turn it off when in drive i have no gas smell only with motors off and then after a while.

But you bring me to a idea.
My left engine runs great in idle, mid and WOT no problems.
The right one ist god in midrange and WOT but not in idle.
After hard cold start it smokes in idle. I just need to rise the RPM to 900 it stop with smoking.
When i come from a drive with warm engine ( have 120 degree Thermostate) into idle it does not smoke for maybe a minute. Then it start Smoking again. I think i have not enough air in idle but i'm not able to fix this problem. I can use the RINDA program from a friend who has a boat shop here. It's not posible to adjust the RPM so that i have IAC steps between 20-50 and TPS at 0,45-0,55V. It's always over or under. Is it over, it is out off idle Modeand runs to high. Is it under it rund better but smokes.

I belive after idling a few minutes it get such a overload in the charger that when i shut off the Motor then, it is like a injector is leak.

Greatings

Hans
There you go.

While its idling slow its loading up on fuel (too rich), hence why you need to rev it up to 900 to help clean it out and not foul the spark plugs.

I dont think the Rinda will help much, its just a scanner and cannot make/burn changes to the ECM.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the ECU's after the Whipple programming at Precision Marine to lean the Injektion at idle speed. Both motors smoked like hell, so much that after 3 min. Idle the plugs were so black the the engines don't run anymore. With the new leaner progamm and a new MSD igniting system the left Motor was great in idle Even for longer distance. The right motor smoke much less then before but still smoke so much that it get idling problems after 2 min..
I used the Rinda just to see IAC steps and TPS Voltage engine temp. ...
Precision Marine made the air/fuel mix as lean as they thought the can go. Without having cold start problems.
I hope i get the throttle plates and TPS some how adjusted that it run like the other side.