Wellcraft scarab cv 7.4 v8 engine. >

Wellcraft scarab cv 7.4 v8 engine.

Notices

Wellcraft scarab cv 7.4 v8 engine.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/URL]

Sorry guys thats the best i could get so far, its pretty dark up there and pretty wobbbly at that aswell!!!
Hopefully end of january i can get some pictures of it in the light and hopefully a video of it running fingers crossed!!

So if anybody has any good websites for aftermarket parts etc would be very intrested!!
Old 11-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I would most certainly have heads pulled and checked. Having valve springs compresses that long means likely broken or damaged. They are not headers. They are manifolds with stainless steel risers. Pretty standard. I suggest completely emptying and cleaning fuel tank and lines and rebuild that carb as its sure to be full of nastiness. Fuel doesn't keep that long. I would do all of this before ever attempting te key. Lol

Just sitting is worse on anything mechanical than actually using it.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Registered

Ahhh so there just after market manifolds? There stainless i know that, and i know the stock ate cast so they were changed at some point!!

Fuel tank will be drained and flushed then full tank of fresh juice!!, carb im ordering a rebuild kit once i know what carb it is!

Cheera
Old 11-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Registered

Not a great pic but the manifolds look to be aluminum. The risers and tailpipes stainless. You'll know more if you can see the name on them or someone here recognizes them and chimes in. I personally have never seen a stainless manifold for merc however it could exist.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:16 PM
Registered

It says "stainless marine" on the side in big red letters haha, think it says in imprint zim if i remember, or bsi??

Im not on wifi atm so uploading the orher picture with the manifolds is not an option atm.

From the head isit a manifold or headers? Ive only got two parts on mine? The exhaust and headers/manifolds?
Old 11-20-2014, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I would pull the distributors and manually priime the motors too,,,,
Old 11-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Registered

That's a boat barn find. Sweet score. Would love to find one of those. Congrats.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:47 AM
Registered

You have stainless manifolds then. Very good ones aluminum Manifolds with stainless risers. Very good set up. Yes they are manifolds not headers and the manifolds are aluminum.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:49 AM
Registered

http://www.stainlessmarine.com/
Old 11-21-2014, 04:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
You have stainless manifolds then. Very good ones aluminum Manifolds with stainless risers. Very good set up. Yes they are manifolds not headers and the manifolds are aluminum.
Yeah now i get you the intake manifold is aluminum! Right getting somewhere haha!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.