Fuel system set up

Notices

Fuel system set up

Old 01-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

http://documents.holley.com/199r10575rev2.pdf

Copied from aeromotive site

7. I have a dead-head (blocking) style regulator and I want to run a return line. Will it work if I connect a return line to one of the spare outlet ports on the regulator and run it back to the tank?

No, this will not work. An open return line from one of the regulator outlet ports will render the regulator unable to properly control pressure, resulting in no pressure at idle, or at best low or no pressure at WOT under high engine load. Static regulators are normally open and designed to close when the set pressure is achieved, bypass regulators work on the opposite principle.

Pressure to a carburetor normally builds when the bowls are full and the needle shuts against the seat. An open line from an outlet port on a static regulator, running back to the tank, will prevent pressure from ever building at the carburetor needle and seat to begin with. It would be the same as taking a line from the regulator and putting it into a bucket; turn the pump on and you’ll have plenty of flow out of the line, but little or no fuel pressure to register on the gauge.

The only way a return line may be connected to a static regulator is if it is through a port blocked by a highly restrictive jet, normally something with a passage in the 0.015″-0.017″ range. This is done to allow a small amount of fuel to leak through the regulator valve to prevent pressure creep on a nitrous solenoid.

There are excellent reasons to install a proper bypass regulator for use with carbureted engines and Aeromotive has perfected this technology, offering a variety of world class bypass regulator options.

For more information on Static vs Dynamic Fuel Systems and the benefits of a bypass regulator, see Aeromotive Tech Bulletin TB-801 at www.aeromotiveinc.com under the Tech Help, Tech Bulletin section.
- See more at: http://aeromotiveinc.com/frequently-....tYvG5KSm.dpuf

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 01-01-2015 at 05:44 PM.