Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
454 rebuild with blower... Pistons and clearances. >

454 rebuild with blower... Pistons and clearances.

Notices

454 rebuild with blower... Pistons and clearances.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i don,t make myself out to be anybody on here.with every post you remind me of a past member who thought he knew it all[like you] but really had no experiance[like you].my guess is you,like him won,t last long.good luck with your build.
I don't pretend to know anything at all actually, everything I have posted wasn't oresented as fact, whether the information is correct or not I didn't present it that way. You have challenged more then one person to support what they are saying, but you haven't supported anything you said. Oh you posted a dyno sheet in a build that even you said should be around 650hp. I am building an extremely similar engine, so sure It would be great to duplicate those dyno numbers, but it's doubtful, and hey if it happens I'll gladly admit I'm wrong. I say I am building loosely, as what I really mean by that is I'm paying for it, and doing some background work, but the actual set up was done by Bob, and is being built by A builder that doesn't rely on dyno sheets, he provides his data by world championships, and the references of the countless motors he has out there. But I guess I do need some luck on getting you to provide any input besides for condensending smart ass remarks.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Can you explain why some engines can live at 8.5:1 with 10, 12, 15+lbs of boost on the same gas your engine uses?
Honestly I cant, I always tried to relate boost into compression, but have learned recently that it's not exactly relative like that. From my understanding octane requirements are for the most part based on compression and timing ?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ealesh33
I don't pretend to know anything at all actually, everything I have posted wasn't oresented as fact, whether the information is correct or not I didn't present it that way. You have challenged more then one person to support what they are saying, but you haven't supported anything you said. Oh you posted a dyno sheet in a build that even you said should be around 650hp. I am building an extremely similar engine, so sure It would be great to duplicate those dyno numbers, but it's doubtful, and hey if it happens I'll gladly admit I'm wrong. I say I am building loosely, as what I really mean by that is I'm paying for it, and doing some background work, but the actual set up was done by Bob, and is being built by A builder that doesn't rely on dyno sheets, he provides his data by world championships, and the references of the countless motors he has out there. But I guess I do need some luck on getting you to provide any input besides for condensending smart ass remarks.
listen up,i and others were trying to help you but you don,t seem to understand that.whatever,i don,t care.with guys like you i just give up.i just don,t feel like wasting my time.i never said a bad thing about what you want to build.you speak for bob but i am pretty sure that he would rather you don,t.i simply said if you have data on a build please post it.i am pretty sure of the power your build will make if done properly but at this point i will keep it to myself.just fyi,i have a good working relationship with bob.he is a smart guy and i am sure he will steer you in the right direction.i won,t reply to you any more.good luck with your build.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
listen up,i and others were trying to help you but you don,t seem to understand that.whatever,i don,t care.with guys like you i just give up.i just don,t feel like wasting my time.i never said a bad thing about what you want to build.you speak for bob but i am pretty sure that he would rather you don,t.i simply said if you have data on a build please post it.i am pretty sure of the power your build will make if done properly but at this point i will keep it to myself.just fyi,i have a good working relationship with bob.he is a smart guy and i am sure he will steer you in the right direction.i won,t reply to you any more.good luck with your build.
I never once spoke for Bob, and I won't speak for Bob. Only reason I'm involved in this thread is due to something that was said regarding me, and it wasn't entirely true. I didn't come to you for help, and never asked for opinions. I was asked all the questions here. And point out one thing that you provided me with that could be considered advice or trying to help me? If I recall correctly all you wanted was for me to post my Dyno sheet when it was done so you could use it as a comparison. I don't really care if it majes less, the same, or more as it's just a number, what's more important to me is that its dialed in and where to prop the boat. I have the confidence in the people I have setting this up for me, and I'm sure I'll be more then happy how it will perform in the boat. My Dyno sheet won't really help the comparison as we don't know what mine would do on your dyno, nor do we know what yours would do on the dyno here.

lets say mine makes less, so people referencing the build will say I'll go with 305's cause it made more according to these dyno sheets. But it could be that way cause of the difference in the dyno's. That number on the big end isn't always the only thing people are chasing too. So my suggestion for anyone would be to contact a builder or bob and have them spec something to meet their specific goals in there application. As there are several factors that contribute to what route to go, just like in your build and in mine.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

ealesh33

Your embarrassing yourself.

First you beg for help then you try to educate highly respected OSO members just because you called a couple engine guys and wasted their time?

Bob M, Eddie Young, etc. I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with tire kickers like this calling and wasting your time all day.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:00 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Holy f*uck. We get it already. Your dyno sheets are worthless for anyone else to use for any purpose other than knowing what your engine made on that dyno at that point in time only. I'm sure the difference in spring tension on my throttle return will make any comparison worthless. Please do not post your dyno results as they will just confuse us and cause us all to buy the wrong heads.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ealesh33
Honestly I cant, I always tried to relate boost into compression, but have learned recently that it's not exactly relative like that. From my understanding octane requirements are for the most part based on compression and timing ?
As mike listed earlier in this thread - valve timing and ignition timing, intake charge temperature; a couple more areas are the flow, quench and swirl characteristics of the cylinder head and combustion chamber including the piston head. Of course there are more things that influence an engine's ability to resist detonation such as using aluminum heads, no thermostat, low or no restriction exhaust system, etc. The list goes on and on.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I learned a DYNO is a huge waste of time and money.... haha
Old 01-24-2015, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
I learned a DYNO is a huge waste of time and money.... haha
duhhhhh
Old 01-24-2015, 08:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
ealesh33

Your embarrassing yourself.

First you beg for help then you try to educate highly respected OSO members just because you called a couple engine guys and wasted their time?

Bob M, Eddie Young, etc. I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with tire kickers like this calling and wasting your time all day.
Beg for help lol? No where in this thread did I ask for help from anyone, so you might want to re read. The tire kicker part is funny though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.